Anyone doing a Baltic cruise NEXT summer (2019)?

lamb616

I know it's a bit early for roll call threads for next summer to get going. I figure those won't really start being active 'til probably this summer. But I am anxious to chat with others who are planning the same/similar trip! My kids are already sick of hearing me talk about it, and I have over a year to go. ;p:eek:

This will be our first trip to Europe and our first NON-Disney cruise. I had originally booked a 9 night on the NCL Getaway, but then this 14 night on RCI popped up which includes 2 days in Norway, and we were *really* dying to get to Norway. It will be myself and my almost-16 year old son and almost-12 year old daughter (at the time of sailing). We will be on the Explorer of the Seas on 7/7/19. I am super anxious to start planning all our excursions, BUT, I don't want to go too crazy and leave myself with nothing to do for the entire 12 months before the cruise. So I'm trying to hold off until this summer to start planning in earnest.

So, anyone have any Baltic cruise plans they want to chat about?

We are planning a cruise on the Regal Princess out of Copenhagen for summer 2019. This will be our first time in that part of the world and first time on Princess. (We typically sail on Royal Caribbean but this itinerary looked better to us.) We have it narrowed down to three different dates: late June, mid July, and early August. Are there any suggestions as to the best month to go?

Our last big trip took us on a cruise in and out of Venice, with a week on land in Rome and Venice beforehand. We started planning that 15 months in advance and took advantage of that time to do everything possible to accumulate enough frequent flyer miles for roundtrip business class flights.

(We typically sail on Royal Caribbean but this itinerary looked better to us.) We have it narrowed down to three different dates: late June, mid July, and early August. Are there any suggestions as to the best month to go?

Not sure about the best month; I would think they would be comparable? I can't do June as my son gets out of school late if we have a lot of snow days (June 27 this year), and early August would be ok, but I couldn't do mid- or late-August as my daughter's school starts early (before Labor day). So, I had to stick with July.

Have you been on RCIs Explorer? I don't know much about it, but I'm really not that concerned about the ship anyways as I think we will be exhausted most nights and in bed early. We'll get most of our ship time on our 4 sea days.

My friend and I will be on the 13 day Baltic sailing out of Stockholm and ending in Copenhagen on 7/28/2019 on Serenade of the Seas. We picked this itinerary since it gave us the chance to stay in both Stockholm and Copenhagen plus it has 3 days in St. Petersburg.

My friend and I will be on the 13 day Baltic sailing out of Stockholm and ending in Copenhagen on 7/28/2019 on Serenade of the Seas. We picked this itinerary since it gave us the chance to stay in both Stockholm and Copenhagen plus it has 3 days in St. Petersburg.

I originally was going to do that one. It was so hard to choose which one to go with. That's the problem with planning so far in advance -- too much time to change your plans!

My family and I —me, husband, son (17) and daughter (13) — will be on the Brillance of the Seas sailing from Amsterdam on Jun 24, 2019. This is my son’s senior trip and he got to choose the itinerary. Both my kids are history and culture fans, so they are excited for the ports.

My husband and I just booked the 13-day cruise out of Stockholm on the Serenade of the Seas leaving July 28, 2019. We have never been to this part of the world either...... There are many cruises to choose from, but what sold me on this particular one is the 3 days in St. Petersburg. Most shorter cruises only spend 2 days there. We're very excited, and I cannot what to start planning excusions! We usually cruise with Princess but we love Royal Caribbean too!

My family and I —me, husband, son (17) and daughter (13) — will be on the Brillance of the Seas sailing from Amsterdam on Jun 24, 2019. This is my son’s senior trip and he got to choose the itinerary. Both my kids are history and culture fans, so they are excited for the ports.

sort of the same, my son is also a big history/culture buff and I let him choose the intinerary too as I figure we only have a couple more years (for sure) of family vacations with him. Although we have since gone on to make a 10 year plan of traveling the world, so we shall see if that pans out. He is at the age where he doesn't want to do too much with me and little sister and at first balked at the thought of a European cruise but I basically told him -- we are going on a cruise to Europe and you are coming; I don't care where in Europe, I'll let you pick. (I would have chosen Southern or Western). He's always been intrigued by the northern countries and now he is super excited about it. My daughter doesn't care where we go, she's just along for the ride. She'll just be excited about the buffet on the ship, lol.

My husband and I just booked the 13-day cruise out of Stockholm on the Serenade of the Seas leaving July 28, 2019. We have never been to this part of the world either...... There are many cruises to choose from, but what sold me on this particular one is the 3 days in St. Petersburg. Most shorter cruises only spend 2 days there. We're very excited, and I cannot what to start planning excusions! We usually cruise with Princess but we love Royal Caribbean too!

2nd person here on that cruise. We were so close to booking that one.....I keep going back and looking at it. I really like the itinerary too.....except no Norway. Ugh, so hard to decide!!

Does late April count as summer??? If so, then yes we are doing a Baltic Cruise next summer. Viking Homelands cruise starting in Bergen, Norway on April 25, 2019. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who is already planning for a year from now.:)

So far the weather in April here in Denmark has been almost summer like and will for at least the next week.

Temperatures is around 15-20 degrees celsius and some places has even seen 21-22 degrees.

Some days has been around 12 Degrees but that is okay for this time of year. :cool:

So far the weather in April here in Denmark has been almost summer like and will for at least the next week.

Temperatures is around 15-20 degrees celsius and some places has even seen 21-22 degrees.

Some days has been around 12 Degrees but that is okay for this time of year. :cool:

We've had nice weather about a week and a half and it supposed to remain nice for another couple of days.

Hello Desdichados62

We will be in Stockholm in August with our family (8 grandchild) and one granddaughter has an interesting request.

In the US there is a doll company called American Girl and they have a Swedish girl (doll) by the name of Kirsten. My granddaughter is wondering if there are any toy stores in Stockholm that might have Swedish accessories or clothes for her 18 inch Kirsten doll.

Thanks for any help.

We're booked for Aug 25 from Amsterdam for the 14-day Jewel of the Baltic on the Nieuw Statendam (HAL ship). Covering Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Tallinn, St Petersburg (2), Helsinki, Stockholm, Kiel, Arhus and back to Amsterdam.