How to keep in touch with teens

Jhmoses76

Depending on what ship you're on, Carnival has the HUB app which you can use to chat through. We've been on 4 cruises with our son when he was 12 & 13 and he didn't have a cell phone even. He was in the Circle C club (the tween group on Carnival), and we basically knew where he would be. He usually was in the club playing video games or at the pool, or eating. We usually found a spot on the ship by the 2nd day where he could find us and he knew when he had to be back. And like the other person said, you can also leave notes in the room.

Just set the rules BEFORE you go if this is their first time. No going into anyone's room, nobody coming into theirs, staying in common areas, being respectful of others, etc...

I should have been more specific. We have a 12 yr daughter and a 14 yr old son going on the Harmony of the seas. Both have cell phones. From what I have read they get to come and go as they please in the teen group.

I would use Wisconsinfan's hint. Have the kids come to you when they finish what they're doing, and get approval to go to the next thing. If you tell them where you'll be, it's not difficult! I think "in person" check ins tell you more than a text.... at that age, I wouldn't give "random roaming" privileges.

Depends if you are going to allow them to carry their cell phones and if you plan to purchase an onboard package. Cell phone usage could be expensive if no package. Also might be difficult to carry - pools, rock climbing, etc.

Old fashioned methods still work such as setting up times to check in, meeting at specific times, notes in cabin, cabin phone, etc.

You mentioned this is your first cruise. Not trying to give parenting advice, but make sure you cover rules, regulations and expectations with them. Ship is no different than a small city with thousands of people you don't know. RC does have a curfew for kids not with their parents, usually around 1:00 a.m.

You might find more information on the RC board relative to the Harmony.