How Do You Prevent Your Kid From Losing Their Sail and Sign Card?

SBthud326

We are taking our first family cruise in a month, this will be my (37f) 6th cruise, my hubby's (37m) 2nd, and my step-daughters (17f and 8f) first. The oldest has asked for a wrist elastic to put her card on a key ring, and we though a lanyard for the younger. Providing someone on the ship will still punch a hole for you. What did you do?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

The 8 year old...you will carry their card...they are too young to be "out and about" on their own. A 17 year old should have the maturity and life-skills to keep track of a card...after all, a 17 year old is able to get a driver's license...and they don't lose that, do they?

Not knowing the cruise line or ship you're sailing...If it happens to be one of the big RCI ships a WOW band might work well for your 17 year old....they love those rubber bracelets at that age.

The 8 year old...you will carry their card...they are too young to be "out and about" on their own. A 17 year old should have the maturity and life-skills to keep track of a card...after all, a 17 year old is able to get a driver's license...and they don't lose that, do they?

Well, one would think but things happen. If the 8yo has the unlimited soda program, she will need her card, or whomever is with her to have it, to get a drink, correct?

For anyone under a certain age? I have never had one given to me with a hole already punched.

Can't find cards for 2016, but all cards we got from Jan 2017 through Jan 2018 had holes in lower right corner by the VIFP logo. We are in our 70's. EM

We have always put their cards on lanyards - even when my youngest was 2! That way going off the ship he had an easy way to carry his own card. Once they have sign in our privileges they have to have their own card to come and go from camp.

I put a command hook on the wall to hang them on in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums