Carnival valor with 12 month old

Smm2016

Has anyone cruised on this ship with a toddler? We are going in September on a 4 night to cozumel. What kind of milk do they have on ship? Are they really strict on the rules for the baby pool area as far as swim diapers?? Is someone always there?I need advice/tips!!

Has anyone cruised on this ship with a toddler? We are going in September on a 4 night to cozumel. What kind of milk do they have on ship? Are they really strict on the rules for the baby pool area as far as swim diapers?? Is someone always there?I need advice/tips!!

"Are they really strict on the rules for the baby pool area as far as swim diapers??" I sure hope they are. Why would you NOT put them in a swim diaper??

They have whole milk, 2% and skim.

Yes, they are strict...it's about an e-coli infection. Even swim diapers allow pool water to flow thru the contents of a diaper. Please observe the rules....anyone young or old, or who has an immune compromised system could get VERY ill from a contaminated pool. It's not urine that's the problem...it's feces.

If you want your child to "splash" bring a blow up tub...a couple buckets of water will do the trick. Empty it into a floor or shower drain...NOT onto the deck, where it can run into the pool.

• Thanks 1

If you have any ideas of putting your child in diapers in the pool area you will get flamed big time here. EM

I plan on using a swim diaper! But the carnival rules say they don’t allow babies in swim diapers. They need to be potty trained. So my question is how strict are they on that rule?

I plan on using a swim diaper! But the carnival rules say they don’t allow babies in swim diapers. They need to be potty trained. So my question is how strict are they on that rule?

That is a US government requirement, not something that Carnival decided on. Most (75-80%) of cruise ships sailing out of the US do not have a specifically designed splash area for kids in swim diapers. Only Disney, and RCI's Oasis, Quantum, Freedom classes of ships, and some others (Voyager class, I believe, are starting to get them) have these water facilities. Please, regardless of "how strict" Carnival is with enforcing this rule, do not place your child, swim diaper or no, in a pool, hot tub, or splash area if not fully potty trained. Fecal accidents can result in a full day's worth of pool shutdown for draining and sanitizing.

Yes, they are strict. We hate this rule, and have had to take a break from cruising until my kids are potty trained. They are two, so we are close to being able to cruise again! Focus on swimming activities in your port stops, and other activities on the ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

They can be very strict. As the others have noted, if your child poops, you could make everyone sick as these pools are small and will shut down for a whole day to be sanitized. Do you really want to be that person that caused everyone else to miss out on the pool because you didn’t follow the rules?

It is for this reason that we did not cruise til our son was almost 3 and potty trained. There is a lot of advice on here about other options. Also, depending on the cruise there can be plenty of time for beach where Mother Nature is just fine with the swim diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very strict, as they should be. We are taking our 14 month old and we know she can't use the pools. We are bringing a very small inflatable pool for this reason. We will empty the water in the shower, as not to pose a risk to any other areas. Please follow the rules and don't have your child in the pools with a swim diaper, they do not keep the bacteria out and I have a child with a very compromised immune system. There are reasons why they have this rule!!!

It's 4 days. We've kept our diaper wearing children out of pools for 10 day cruises without a problem. It's possible no one will be there to see anything, but if there is fecal contamination another child could get very sick.

Your child will probably love exploring the ship, especially the elevators. I haven't sailed this ship, but my children loved visiting the sports deck of ships, and if there is mini golf or a large chess set somewhere that will be fascinating.

If you are using a stroller, it helps to do a quick visual check since strollers and wheelchairs can't get past the maid's carts in the hallway and you might need to go a different way to reach the elevators.

On the first breakfast, bring a large bag to the buffet and bring back fruit and boxes of cereal and yoghurt so your child always has a snack on hand. You can take sealed boxes of cereal off the ship for snacks in port.

"Are they really strict on the rules for the baby pool area as far as swim diapers??" I sure hope they are. Why would you NOT put them in a swim diaper??

Swim diapers do absolutely nothing to contain bacteria so that is why you would not put them on a child who is not fully trained. No Carnival ships have water facilities for children who are not trained. If they don’t see the pool, they will not know it’s there. If the pool staff doesn’t say something, I know other parents will.

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 12:34 AM, Smm2016 said:

On 8/3/2018 at 3:50 PM, gerif said:

Swim diapers do absolutely nothing to contain bacteria so that is why you would not put them on a child who is not fully trained. No Carnival ships have water facilities for children who are not trained. If they don’t see the pool, they will not know it’s there. If the pool staff doesn’t say something, I know other parents will.

I hope VERY. Many of us are happy to rat you out when we see you.