Best Greece Italy cruise

cestlavie3

Hi all! My FH and I are getting married next June and are hoping to do a three week honeymoon in Italy and Greece (possibly Spain) at the beginning of September/end of August.

We want to include a 7 day cruise in their somewhere.

I’d love to have your opinion of which cruise and line may be well suited for us. We are 28 year old, social people. We like to stay busy on vacation and while we also like to relax we also like to have fun. We definitely enjoyed the last cruise we went on with Celebrity Equinox with our family in the western Caribbean. But the night life wasn’t super active. At the same time we reallllly liked celebrity but obviously aren’t dedicated to that brand.

Price per person doesn’t really matter. We aren’t budget travelling. We aren’t rich - but we aren’t too concerned with spending up to 2500 each. We are Canadian if that matters .

Thanks for your help!!

I love cruising the Med.

My advice is to talk to a local Travel Agent.

Don't worry too much about activities on the ship. Med cruises are port intensive. You are up early, off the ship and exploring the area. Then back to the ship for dinner, maybe a cocktail, then bed. The next day will be busy too.

Look at cruises that stop in ports you are interested in. Many start from one port and end in a different one. For example you could sail from Venice and end up 10 or 12 days later in Rome or Barcelona. Or you could do a round trip Rome to Rome with stops in Greece and Turkey. There are lots of options.

Enjoy!

Hi all! My FH and I are getting married next June and are hoping to do a three week honeymoon in Italy and Greece (possibly Spain) at the beginning of September/end of August.

We want to include a 7 day cruise in their somewhere.

I’d love to have your opinion of which cruise and line may be well suited for us. We are 28 year old, social people. We like to stay busy on vacation and while we also like to relax we also like to have fun. We definitely enjoyed the last cruise we went on with Celebrity Equinox with our family in the western Caribbean. But the night life wasn’t super active. At the same time we reallllly liked celebrity but obviously aren’t dedicated to that brand.

Price per person doesn’t really matter. We aren’t budget travelling. We aren’t rich - but we aren’t too concerned with spending up to 2500 each. We are Canadian if that matters .

Thanks for your help!!

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials:) I agree with the previous poster and suggest finding a TA who specializes in cruising. As for what people think on here? You mentioned sailing with X but they don't have a "super active nightlife"

...….they never have been known for that...…..I would say look at Royal Caribbean and/or Carnival or Princess or basically any of the mainstream lines. I have sailed with Celebrity many, many times over the years but active nightlife is not really a big thing for me.

I think a Cruise TA would be your best bet. Try Google and maybe even find someone local who you could speak to in person about what your preferences are...…..sometimes face to face can help:) oh....Europe is way different than the Caribbean for sure......days are normally very long with seeing wonderful places. So nights are a bit slower overall. I just returned from a 10 night cruise from Venice to Nice.....very port intensive. Some of my evenings were quite short LOL.....dinner, a drink or 2 and back to the cabin.

Enjoy your cruise, whichever one you choose:)

Edited by Lois R

My recommendation will be Royal Caribbean from Venice. You’ll love Venice - spend 3 to 4 days in Venice before or after your cruise. Other cruise lines might be HAL or NCL. Avoid MSC or other European cruise lines - might be too ‘Italian’ !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are willing to go on a longer cruise, (11-12 nights) take a look at the MSC Med cruises for that time next year. I believe they are on the Preziosa for next year. It seems like they have both Italy/Greece cruises and a Canary Islands for these times depending on what you are looking for.

I can't really say about nightlife, but you could ask on the MSC boards. There are a lot of English speaking folks there who take Med cruises, though I would say at least 85% of the board is about the US sailings. The only downside in night life is if you are looking to be very social, you would have to do almost on your meeting on the ship. In 2 years, I haven't been able to find a single person on here, or on that app about finding Ship Mates, other than 3 people who are on just a part of our cruise.

Good luck with whatever you choose and I wish you the best and most stress-free wedding time possible!

I choose the ports that you most would want to go to and then see what line/ship calls at the most of them. As above posters have stated, this type of cruise is pretty port intense and the main focus is visiting and seeing the sites in the ports. Up and out early, more walking. touring and site seeing, etc and night life on Med cruises is a little more "quiet" than on a Caribbean cruise, regardless of which line you choose.