Key West with 2 year old: Pirates or Aquarium or ?

wineandbeach

We will be traveling with family and have a port day (Equinox) in Key West. Most of the group are heading to the bars. My Husband, Son, DIL, myself and our two year old granddaughter plan to head to the Southern Most point, Mass at St Mary's, then... Does anyone have input on the Aquarium or Pirate museum with a two year old. Any other suggestions. We also hope to have lunch somewhere and some key lime pie then maybe meet up with the rest of the group at some point at a bar that we could just push the stroller in. Any Suggestions would be appreciated!

The Key West Aquarium is very small. While it does have a touch tank and you can see sharks (and even feed them) as well as sea turtles out back, it doesn't stack up well to other aquariums. Tickets are a bit pricey but I believe they are good for a couple of days although 45-minutes was enough for us - and that included my wife feeding the sharks.

The Pirate Soul Museum closed a few years ago - I think they relocated to St Augstine. The Shipwreck museum was pretty interesting but not sure how much a 2-year-old would enjoy it.

A two-year old might appreciate the Butterfly Conservatory. The butterflies often gently land on you. A child might like that experience or hate it. I don't know your particular child. I'd take the chance.

The Pirate Museum has closed but parts of it would have been pretty scary for a two-year old.

There is a very nice new waterfront park out side Fort Zachary Taylor State Park with children's slides, swings, etc. It is free and actually might be the activity a two-year old would enjoy most, at least for awhile.