Aft cabins

mittenscat23

We were in 4106 on the Sky, Barcelona Baltics and Beyond, and we will be in 4108 on our back to back Auckland to Bali in 2019. Location was great, no noise...a little bit of a walk to the stairs but that's a good thing. No theatres or any noise above or below.

We were in 5110. Very quiet, very smooth ride, and a very long way to the stars and elevators.

Love aft cabins on seadays! Viking doesn’t usually have many seadays.

Thank you. I am looking at this cabin for a transatlantic cruise so there will be lots of sea days.

Thank you. I am looking at this cabin for a transatlantic cruise so there will be lots of sea days.

I would definitely go for it. We love watching the wake.

By the way, we could get coffee faster delivered from room service than I could get it from the buffet. 7 minutes one morning from calling to delivery. It was awesome.

We weren't totally on the aft, those were suites and I think one or two high category DVs. On the side we had no soot. When our cabin steward showed us the suite at the end of the cruise I didn't see any soot but someone who has stayed there could answer better than I.

Did anyone notice if there is soot and smoke circling around and landing on the balcony?

The modern engines are more efficient, so soot is much less of a problem. All depends on the relative wind as to where the exhaust gas goes. The worst situation is a following wind about same speed as the ship. Under those rare situations you may get some exhaust smell. At other times you shouldn't be bothered by the exhaust.

We were in the very aft of the ship on deck 3 in January and it was a fabulous location. Concur with everything others have posted. I wouldn’t hesitate to book in this location again.

We were fairly aft on two cruises; loved it. Coffee bar and little breakfast snacks were close, which was nice. We ate at the World Cafe a lot, so aft was good for us. I also liked having the aft of deck 2 close by, as it was a good place for photography. Booked our upcoming cruise in same area; can't be beat in my opinion. If you are the type of person who always eats in the dining room though, you might prefer forward - or right in the middle of the ship so you never walk very far! Mid-ship is great for those afraid of motion, although Viking's ships are so smooth, that's probably not an issue for most people.

We've been lucky enough to enjoy aft suites on other cruise lines, and with ship sizes we know would go for aft every time.

However, we've never been on a ship as small (by simple comparison) as the Viking fleet, we've headed for mid-ship, just for this first cruise. Once we've got to know the ship, we'll head aft again if we're happy with our first Viking cruise.

There are 6 DV aft cabins on the Star. We were in 3096 and we loved it! We sat on our balcony often to watch the wake. There was no wind as the balcony was protected on 3 sides. We never had a problem with engine noise or exhaust. As far as feeling the motion of ship we never noticed it was more pronounced aft and had no issues at all. I am prone to motion sickness and was fine although I will add that we had very smooth seas for the entire cruise. I would book any of the 6 again in a heartbeat! We thought it was a great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are 6 DV aft cabins on the Star. We were in 3096 and we loved it! We sat on our balcony often to watch the wake. There was no wind as the balcony was protected on 3 sides. We never had a problem with engine noise or exhaust. As far as feeling the motion of ship we never noticed it was more pronounced aft and had no issues at all. I am prone to motion sickness and was fine although I will add that we had very smooth seas for the entire cruise. I would book any of the 6 again in a heartbeat! We thought it was a great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for information. We booked an aft cabin on deck 5. Special price for DV1 same as a V. Will review after, but figured for the price it is worth a try!

Thanks for information. We booked an aft cabin on deck 5. Special price for DV1 same as a V. Will review after, but figured for the price it is worth a try!

Congrats! I hope when i am ready to book my next Viking cruise , that this kind of promotion wil be offered.

I was in 5106 on my Vking Sea cruise in mar/April , last on the port side. decl is very quiet. Enjoy our aft cabin and the vview of the wake form your balcony.

Congrats! I hope when i am ready to book my next Viking cruise , that this kind of promotion wil be offered.

I was in 5106 on my Vking Sea cruise in mar/April , last on the port side. decl is very quiet. Enjoy our aft cabin and the vview of the wake form your balcony.

Are you on the viking e mail list? Viking e mails specials that are not on their web site. This is how we found out about this price.