Finding back-to-back cruises on the website

Richard2

Is there any way to use the Viking Ocean Cruise website to easily find your own back-to-back itinerary? For example, I might want to do London to Bergen on the "British Isles Explorer" itinerary and follow that by staying on the ship for a Bergen to Copenhagen "Majestic Fjords & Vibrant Cities" cruise. However, finding these connected cruises is difficult. It involves going back and forth and printing out departure and arrival dates and paying attention to which ship is doing the cruise. Is there an easier way, such as a hidden pathway on the website that will show the schedule of cruises for a particular ship in chronological order?

Is there any way to use the Viking Ocean Cruise website to easily find your own back-to-back itinerary? For example, I might want to do London to Bergen on the "British Isles Explorer" itinerary and follow that by staying on the ship for a Bergen to Copenhagen "Majestic Fjords & Vibrant Cities" cruise. However, finding these connected cruises is difficult. It involves going back and forth and printing out departure and arrival dates and paying attention to which ship is doing the cruise. Is there an easier way, such as a hidden pathway on the website that will show the schedule of cruises for a particular ship in chronological order?

Not easy for sure. However - in my "copious free time" (something to do cuz it's fun and a break from all my "should be doings"), last July I pulled all that stuff together into a spreadsheet and posted it to DropBox to share. I worked from the last published hard copy catalog (starting with) and then updated it from the VO web site. Also used CruiseMapper.com but treated VO as the authoritative source if I found a conflict. Here's where I posted it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vtbn2rt3jpm8q5/Viking%20Ocean%20Cruises.xlsm?dl=0. Guess it's time to update it, e.g., replace Spirit with Orion, etc. But it should still be reasonably accurate. Now back to digging thru and transforming requirements in a word doc into a format suitable for import into a database. Sigh. Thanks for the welcome break!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oops, sorry, my time-window to edit it has past.

Don't worry about it. If Cruise Critic doesn't like it, they will delete the post.

As for planning a B2B (Viking calls them "butterflies"), Viking actually offers a number of them, For example, "Baltic Jewels and the Midnight Sun" is actually made up of "Viking Homelands" and "Into the Midnight Sun." They also have done the same with their one week Barcelona to Rome and Rome to Barcelona itineraries.

Another website to check out is Cruisemapper which does show each ship and its itineraries. However, I would double check any information found there with the Viking website as Viking is known to make changes in published itineraries and Cruisemapper doesn't always keep up with the changes.

Not easy for sure. However - in my "copious free time" (something to do cuz it's fun and a break from all my "should be doings"), last July I pulled all that stuff together into a spreadsheet and posted it to DropBox to share. I worked from the last published hard copy catalog (starting with) and then updated it from the VO web site. Also used CruiseMapper.com but treated VO as the authoritative source if I found a conflict. Here's where I posted it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vtbn2rt3jpm8q5/Viking%20Ocean%20Cruises.xlsm?dl=0. Guess it's time to update it, e.g., replace Spirit with Orion, etc. But it should still be reasonably accurate. Now back to digging thru and transforming requirements in a word doc into a format suitable for import into a database. Sigh. Thanks for the welcome break!

Btw - advise that you download it. Don't try to view it on a mobile device. It's a macro enabled Excel spreadsheet set up so you can filter by ship, by cruise year, etc. Covers cruises out through 2019 to the extent of the data available. Hopefully the ReadMe tab is clear. Believe I gave my personal contact info there too if you have questions.

Thanks for these replies. I had forgotten about looking at the general cruise websites, because we decided after our second Viking Ocean cruise that we were no longer interested in any other lines.

CharTrav - that's a great service you have done. Wonderful resource. I hope you can stay with it for a while.

Thanks for these replies. I had forgotten about looking at the general cruise websites, because we decided after our second Viking Ocean cruise that we were no longer interested in any other lines.

CharTrav - that's a great service you have done. Wonderful resource. I hope you can stay with it for a while.

It's fun to do.

You inspired me :cool: -- I spent some time today updating the spreadsheet with everything on the VO site today . Also did some cosmetic changes -- things to make it easier to distinguish between ships. More than I already was doing. Ships are scheduled out through late 2019 including another World Cruise on the Sun in 2019. Use the same DropBox link as before.

You inspired me :cool: -- I spent some time today updating the spreadsheet with everything on the VO site today . Also did some cosmetic changes -- things to make it easier to distinguish between ships. More than I already was doing. Ships are scheduled out through late 2019 including another World Cruise on the Sun in 2019. Use the same DropBox link as before.

CharTrav - Thanks again. Later in 2019 is what I'm looking for now and this is going to help a lot.

• 9 months later...

Was just looking at this thread and realized I had forgotten to share the fact that I had indeed updated my spreadsheet with 2020 data last Spring (posted the news on some other thread but not this one). Here's the link on Dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/s/407gwfvniuy11wq/Viking%20Ocean%20Cruises%20%282018%20to%202020%29.xlsm?dl=0

• 1 month later...