New Question Please On returning Viking river and oceans

Sweet Tea Two

When you book with Viking the first time the next time you are supposed to get a 200.00 pp credit to return with them again. If you do not use that 200.00 within the certain time within 1 yrs of your booking, why do they think that they can only give you an additional 100.00 booking credit should they still consider giving you the additional 200.00pp credit to come on board anyways. Some people like us can not afford to go on another trip so close together. If our trip costs 15,000.00 for the two of us in one year, the following year it will cost the same, if there is only one person working in our home, we may not be able to go off and do this again for another 5 more years. Will they allow us to hold off on the next trip the 200.00 pp credit? I Was Told No. We had to book it within the first year but we can stretch it out for 3 years till the next booking tour.

Why is that? thank you in advance.;p

When you book with Viking the first time the next time you are supposed to get a 200.00 pp credit to return with them again. If you do not use that 200.00 within the certain time within 1 yrs of your booking, why do they think that they can only give you an additional 100.00 booking credit should they still consider giving you the additional 200.00pp credit to come on board anyways. Some people like us can not afford to go on another trip so close together. If our trip costs 15,000.00 for the two of us in one year, the following year it will cost the same, if there is only one person working in our home, we may not be able to go off and do this again for another 5 more years. Will they allow us to hold off on the next trip the 200.00 pp credit? I Was Told No. We had to book it within the first year but we can stretch it out for 3 years till the next booking tour.

Because that’s the terms of the deal. It’s right there on the Explorer Society of their website. You get $200 pp off your next cruise if you book within the first year and $100 pp off a cruise any time after that. It’s a perk of the Explorer Society. You don’t have to travel within that year, but you do have to book. Their deal, their rules.

That’s just the way it works. No other cruise line we’ve dealt with gives you a deal like that. We think it’s terrific.

We booked a cruise for 2018 after our 2016 cruise, then we booked another just before the year was up and got the $200 pp off again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Frequent shoppers always get the best perks and this is merely another example. Someone who cruises Viking every year or more gets rewarded to the tune of a $200 discount because they're spending more money with Viking than someone like you who chooses to cruise infrequently. Just economics, not a slight to you.

We had booking for into the midnight sun, then they had a special on the Caribbean/South American cruise and then a special on the Danube waltz river cruise. Neither were $15,000. They were two for one with airfare included. You can still get the sale price and your discount for being a frequent traveler. And don’t forget that you can negotiate when you pay the final bill. You also get a discount for paying out of your checking account. Enjoy the discounts and looking for that special sailing

And if they are still selling them, you can buy future cruise vouchers for the next cruise when you are on a cruise. They cost $100 each but are worth $200 each. We bought them on our river cruise, then combined them with the Explorer Society discount to get $400 off our Ocean cruise, plus we got an early booking discount and negotiated a final payment date that worked for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There was no mention of vouchers on our December 10th cruise on Viking Sky. We have purchased previously on several of our Viking River cruises.

The vouchers are only used on the River Cruises .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As of now, vouchers are only SOLD on river.

You may use vouchers for either river or ocean bookings.

Vouchers must be used on booking. They aren't for use onboard like OBC.

Vouchers have no expiration date.

Vouchers can be given to your friends & family.

As of now, vouchers are only SOLD on river.

You may use vouchers for either river or ocean bookings.

Vouchers must be used on booking. They aren't for use onboard like OBC.

Vouchers have no expiration date.

Vouchers can be given to your friends & family.

That is very true. I would love to get my hands on two vouchers for my upcoming payment. My neighbor offered to "lend" me his, but I can't be guaranteed to be able to replace them. I wish Viking would be consistent and sell them on both the river and ocean crises.

• 7 months later...

Why is that? Very simple. They are trying to get you to cruise again, soon. If you do not want to, or can not for whatever reason, that is fine. They are just offering you a discount to book SOONER than later. Just like when the car dealer offers $500 off this month but not next month. Just the way the deal is.