Feedback if you have already taken the Majestic Fjords & Vibrant Cities cruise?

NorskyGal

The Majestic Fjords & Vibrant Cities cruise is a new itinerary this year. If you have already taken this cruise, I'd love to hear any feedback or insights you have. I'm particularly interested in price and value of excursions...which ones are worth taking vs. booking private tours. Also, any drawbacks from taking a 12 day cruise with no sea days. Thanks!

It is new this year and the September sailing may be its first. I can't remember if there was a spring sailing or not.

As for no sea days, we did 14 days with no sea days and imho, the only drawback is that you don't get a day to just sit back and relax and explore the ship unless you skip a port of call or just do half a day in port and spend the rest of the day on the ship (which we have done).

I personally would love no sea days on a 14 day cruise! The Baltic cruise I took was close to no sea days, but not totally sea-day free. I may need to look at Majestic Fjords & Vibrant Cities!!!! Since nobody's going to force you off the ship, or make you stay off the ship for the whole day, I say book the cruise, do some research, determine which ports you're least interested in, and stay on board the ship for a half day in those ports!

But really, I'm guessing that even if the itinerary shows no sea days, you might end up having a half sea day here and there once the actual schedule is firmed up. If so, those partial days will allow you to enjoy the spa, pool, more activities, sleeping late, etc.!

• 6 months later...

There is a 1/2 day at sea but it's in the afternoon on the sailing we are booked on--no sleeping in.  I would also like to hear from others who have been on this cruise, especially about the excursions.  It looks like we may be able to walk to sightseeing on our own in some ports so are the excursions, especially the optionals with additional cost, worth it?

Edited by Scootoir

We're scheduled to be on the 7\21\19 sailing of this cruise on the Sky. There are several instances where the ship stays in port for overnights, one night (2 days) in Copenhagen, an overnight in Oslo and an overnight in Bergen. So there is plenty of time to enjoy the ship in these locations.

Enjoy your cruising days.

John AKA Nordic Prince and Jennifer AKA Lady Jen Queen of the Mudslide (if they have them)