Carton Prices on the Ship - No grief please!!!

LCTXcruiser

Hello fellow cruisers,

For those of you that want to use this as a "no smoking campaign", I politely ask that you please table your comments for another thread....

That said:D, can anyone give me an idea of the cost of a carton of cigarettes on the ship? Just a roundabout figure will help.

Thank you in advance!

Thank you for the prices. I'm a Marlboro Light 100's person. I will say that I did schedule my quit day for one week after we get off the ship, but I know my hubby's in no rush to quit so maybe we'll load up on the ship (unless Cozumel is cheaper).

Thank you for the prices. I'm a Marlboro Light 100's person. I will say that I did schedule my quit day for one week after we get off the ship, but I know my hubby's in no rush to quit so maybe we'll load up on the ship (unless Cozumel is cheaper).

Since I quit smoking, I find that on cruises is when I miss smoking the most. I don't know why, because I do like that I do not spend so much time in one area smoking, or going out of my way to get to a smoking area.

The best prices we had, and I do not know where you are going.. was when we went to St. Kitts in late 2016. We paid $88 for five cartons at a shop just inside the port entrance area.

Good luck on your choice to quit.. the only thing that worked for me is Chantix. I tried everything else. Chantix was the only one that I got to keep smoking, until the medication built up in my system, and I just didn't want one. No withdrawal symptoms, no cravings. Now just like an alcoholic I learned that I cannot ever just have one. After being off the medication for 6 months, I had a stressor in my life, and I had a cigarette. Well... went right back to smoking. Had to go back on Chantix again.. but it worked again the same way. Also, I didn't have any of the side effects of the Chantix, except nausea if I took it on an empty stomach.

Thank you so much,

I've been trying to Google the prices, and everything that popped up was giving me a headache trying to read the blurry small print.

Any chance you have links for 7 day funtimes for cozmel, Belize itinerarys? Lol

Since I quit smoking, I find that on cruises is when I miss smoking the most. I don't know why, because I do like that I do not spend so much time in one area smoking, or going out of my way to get to a smoking area.

The best prices we had, and I do not know where you are going.. was when we went to St. Kitts in late 2016. We paid $88 for five cartons at a shop just inside the port entrance area.

Good luck on your choice to quit.. the only thing that worked for me is Chantix. I tried everything else. Chantix was the only one that I got to keep smoking, until the medication built up in my system, and I just didn't want one. No withdrawal symptoms, no cravings. Now just like an alcoholic I learned that I cannot ever just have one. After being off the medication for 6 months, I had a stressor in my life, and I had a cigarette. Well... went right back to smoking. Had to go back on Chantix again.. but it worked again the same way. Also, I didn't have any of the side effects of the Chantix, except nausea if I took it on an empty stomach.

You and me both. I quit 8 years ago (with Chantix). It was so much easier than trying the cold turkey route. But you're right, I had a couple of cigs just once and then continued. I've never really experienced an addiction to anything before, and I have to admit I am addicted to cigs. The next time I stop - not even a puff. :D

Really? I'm the total opposite. I quit smoke on/just after going on a cruise. On a cruise ship I smoke maybe 5 cigarettes a day, not going to stop what I'm doing just to find a place to smoke. It never really bothered me, as I've always been like that, if I can't smoke I don't miss it type of thing. So I figured since I don't smoke on the ship that much I'll just not smoke on land that much. Just ended up not smoking at all.

Funny thing is I don't consider myself a non-smoker, I'm just a smoker who hasn't smoked in a year. If I start again I start again, If I don't I don't.

If you are cruising out of Galveston, when you are heading out of the Terminal there is a table set up and they will ask if you purchased cigarettes or Alcohol while on the ship. If you are honest and tell them yes, they want taxes on those purchases. $15.00 in tax for a carton of cigarettes. Just ignore them and walk on by.

when in the ports and looking for cigarettes you want to be looking for that CLASS A logo across the front. Those sometimes cheaper are not class A and will read Class B or have nothing at all. THese taste lighter and they burn very quickly-- saving you nothing because you are smoking more...

If you are cruising out of Galveston, when you are heading out of the Terminal there is a table set up and they will ask if you purchased cigarettes or Alcohol while on the ship. If you are honest and tell them yes, they want taxes on those purchases. $15.00 in tax for a carton of cigarettes. Just ignore them and walk on by.

LOL! Good to know. Thanks!

when in the ports and looking for cigarettes you want to be looking for that CLASS A logo across the front. Those sometimes cheaper are not class A and will read Class B or have nothing at all. THese taste lighter and they burn very quickly-- saving you nothing because you are smoking more...

Thank you for that info. I didn't realize there were different classes of cigs.

Good tip. The carton of Marlboro longs I brought home from the ship has the Class A logo.

Thanks and happy sailing.

If I remember correctly, you are allowed one or two cartons duty free. If you buy them in St. Thomas, you are allowed up to five cartons duty free.

We haven't cruised since they did away with the duty forms so I'm not sure what the allowance is now or if they even check.

Hopefully you won't get caught doing that....

From the internet........

Federal revenooers recognize two kinds of cigarettes: small cigarettes (class A), which weigh up to three pounds per thousand and are taxed at $12 per thou; and large cigarettes (class B), which weigh more than three pounds per thousand and have a tax rate of $25.20.