NEW Steakhouse recommendations please

MSarahM

Crazy question...I'm not a big lobster fan or steak for that matter. But does anyone know how the chicken is? Or maybe the sole?

Not crazy at all as thats the only thing I like out of the entrees as I don't eat fish and rather have chicken over beef. I have had the chicken dish off the old and new menu and both are delicious!! In general theres not much I care for on the steakhouse menu, I'm picky, but my husband likes it and I can find enough I do like to enjoy it. The risotto on the new menu has crab and mushrooms but I asked for it plain with cheese only and it was delicious. The young lettuce salad was good too. I have pictures but can never figure out how to post. Here is a menu but not sure if the link will work: http://cruising.news/carnival-rolling-out-new-menus-for-steakhouse-and-cucina-del-capitano/

If the link doesn't work just google new carnival steakhouse menu and it's pretty easy to find.

$35 for a piece of chicken?

Well us chicken eaters could say the same...$35 for a piece of beef/lamb/fish/lobster but your paying for a whole meal. Appetizer, salad, entree and dessert not just a piece of very tasty chicken, lol.

I was just reading this to my husband (asking about the chicken or sole). He had a good suggestion. Maybe you can just ask for an additional appetizer for your main course. It looks like they have several good ones to choose from.

Well us chicken eaters could say the same...$35 for a piece of beef/lamb/fish/lobster but your paying for a whole meal. Appetizer, salad, entree and dessert not just a piece of very tasty chicken, lol.

SHAME SHAME ON YOU!! Comparing chicken to steak and lobster. Tsk tsk - LOL!!:p

Not crazy at all as thats the only thing I like out of the entrees as I don't eat fish and rather have chicken over beef. I have had the chicken dish off the old and new menu and both are delicious!! In general theres not much I care for on the steakhouse menu, I'm picky, but my husband likes it and I can find enough I do like to enjoy it. The risotto on the new menu has crab and mushrooms but I asked for it plain with cheese only and it was delicious. The young lettuce salad was good too. I have pictures but can never figure out how to post. Here is a menu but not sure if the link will work: http://cruising.news/carnival-rolling-out-new-menus-for-steakhouse-and-cucina-del-capitano/

If the link doesn't work just google new carnival steakhouse menu and it's pretty easy to find.

Thanks CruiseMomTX, the link does work. Glad to know I'm not the only person that would rather order the chicken LOL!

here is what you said :" I've always wanted to try bone marrow. :hearteyes:"

I know you live in Milwaukee, that's why I said it. if you always wanted to try it, you don't have to spend $2,000 on a cruise to get bone marrow

Expand Signature

My question was if the new menu was offered on all of the ships. Do you know?

And BTW, even with the solo supplement and me not traveling in steerage AND it being an 8 day cruise, I still didn't spend $2000 on my upcoming cruise. Perhaps I'd like to spend $35 for a great MEAL that includes bone marrow versus paying $35 simply for a bone marrow appetizer in MILWAUKIE.

I just don't understand the snarkyness of this board sometimes, but whatever.

SHAME SHAME ON YOU!! Comparing chicken to steak and lobster. Tsk tsk - LOL!!:p

:') Right, most of my family thinks I'm crazy that I rather eat chicken but to me it just tastes better, lol. More steak & lobster for everyone else! I also don't care for the caesar salad dressing anywhere onboard because it has too much of an anchovy taste and I usually love caesar dressing.

SaveSave

:') Right, most of my family thinks I'm crazy that I rather eat chicken but to me it just tastes better, lol. More steak & lobster for everyone else! I also don't care for the caesar salad dressing anywhere onboard because it has too much of an anchovy taste and I usually love caesar dressing.

SaveSave

I am sure everything on that menu is tasty so you can’t go wrong with whatever you order. The chefs are specially trained to prepare the dishes and do it each night. It is a small space so quality control is top notch.

What’s the worst that happens? You don’t enjoy it? Complain and ask for a refund or another dish just as you would on land.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was posted on John’s fb page, this will give you the info for which ships have the new menu

The new Steakhouse menu is proving very, very popular and bookings are at an all time high.

Here are the ships that have the menu now and which ship's will change to the new and menu in the weeks ahead.

The new menu is already on :

Carnival Horizon

Carnival Vista

Carnival Magic

Carnival Dream

CARNIVAL BREEZE

And coming soon are :

Carnival Conquest - 7/19/18

Carnival Liberty - 7/26/18

Carnival Freedom - 8/4/18

Carnival Valor - 8/20/18

Have you tried the menu yet - what did you have ?

cheers and book early - no, not just saying that, you really have to. AND STILL ONLY $35

wywh

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And BTW, even with the solo supplement and me not traveling in steerage AND it being an 8 day cruise, I still didn't spend $2000 on my upcoming cruise. Perhaps I'd like to spend $35 for a great MEAL that includes bone marrow versus paying $35 simply for a bone marrow appetizer in MILWAUKIE.

Well said!!

This was posted on John’s fb page, this will give you the info for which ships have the new menu

The new Steakhouse menu is proving very, very popular and bookings are at an all time high.

Here are the ships that have the menu now and which ship's will change to the new and menu in the weeks ahead.

The new menu is already on :

Carnival Horizon

Carnival Vista

Carnival Magic

Carnival Dream

CARNIVAL BREEZE

And coming soon are :

Carnival Conquest - 7/19/18

Carnival Liberty - 7/26/18

Carnival Freedom - 8/4/18

Carnival Valor - 8/20/18

Have you tried the menu yet - what did you have ?

cheers and book early - no, not just saying that, you really have to. AND STILL ONLY $35

wywh

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're booked on the Breeze for the first day. I booked it about 7 weeks in advance and I didn't get the original time I requested. So, yes.... you do need to book early! I'll let ya'll know how it turned out. I think I'm going to try the Art at the table for dessert. Since they've removed the cheesecake:( I want to try something a little different.

Crazy question...I'm not a big lobster fan or steak for that matter. But does anyone know how the chicken is? Or maybe the sole?

Let me be one of the first to respond about the sole ......IMO, very light, buttery, tender. Not as delectable as some restaurants that charge $70 -100 for it, but good. Quite a difference from a heavier filet mignon or even the old Patagonian toothfish, I mean "Chilean Sea Bass".

I had the smoked oysters and sole my first venture with the new menu and didn't leave the Steakhouse with that satiated oh I'm so full feeling.

It is not the WHOLE board, just certain members.

I'm sorry, wasn't being snarky at all. You said you always wanted to try bone marrow. I made a suggestion. If you want to try it so bad, it's available in other places than a cruise ship.

I'm sorry, wasn't being snarky at all. You said you always wanted to try bone marrow. I made a suggestion. If you want to try it so bad, it's available in other places than a cruise ship.

Well, things like escargots and frogs legs are available in other places too, but I most likely would have never tried them anywhere but a cruise ship.

I tend to be more adventurous when eating on a cruise, especially since so much of the food is already included in my fare, so why not be daring and try new things?! And at the Steakhouse, since you can get two starters, I'd be more willing to try a new item since I'll have a second starter if I didn't like the first.

If I go to land based restaurants where I'm paying a la carte, I tend to stay more with familiar foods and dishes that I know I like.

Schazzy, we can order TWO starters?? I thought we could only get one. Would 2 starters= 1 starter and the entree? That would be awesome! I'd always rather order another appetizer instead of dessert.

Schazzy, we can order TWO starters?? I thought we could only get one. Would 2 starters= 1 starter and the entree? That would be awesome! I'd always rather order another appetizer instead of dessert.

Yep, our server told us we could choose any 2 items from the first page of the menu. then you get 1 entree and 1 desert.

Yep, our server told us we could choose any 2 items from the first page of the menu. then you get 1 entree and 1 desert.

That is correct, technically you can order an additional entree also, but it will cost you another $25.

Let me be one of the first to respond about the sole ......IMO, very light, buttery, tender. Not as delectable as some restaurants that charge $70 -100 for it, but good. Quite a difference from a heavier filet mignon or even the old Patagonian toothfish, I mean "Chilean Sea Bass".

I had the smoked oysters and sole my first venture with the new menu and didn't leave the Steakhouse with that satiated oh I'm so full feeling.

Thanks evandbob! I had seen a picture that someone posted of the sole and it looked great. I've got until October to decided what I want to order lol.

The new menu is currently in use on Horizon, Vista, Magic, Dream, and Breeze... It will be rolled out on the Conquest July 19th, the Liberty July 26th, the Freedom August 4th, and the Valor August 20th 2018...

Any idea of when or if it will hit the Glory?

Can you get more than one appetizer or entree like you an in the MDR?

My experience has been you can substitute an extra appetizer for a salad or side, or an extra side for an appetizer or salad, but that you can't order more than 3 total appetizers, salads, and sides.

An extra entree will incur an upcharge.

It's a lot of very good food.

My experience has been you can substitute an extra appetizer for a salad or side, or an extra side for an appetizer or salad, but that you can't order more than 3 total appetizers, salads, and sides.

An extra entree will incur an upcharge.

It's a lot of very good food.

thank you, good to know