Amex - American Express offer - $75 off on $350 spent July 2018

LMaxwell

Thank you

Like already said, the offer is either available or not. You can check to see if anyone in your friends/family have an AMEX card that they wont think they will use it. You can use their card to make the payment and split the profit.

For those who didn't have the offer on your account initially, I would check again. One of our Amex accounts didn't have the offer two days ago and today it popped up.

I just checked ours and it's still not there.

If you have an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred card, you can save an extra 6% by buying Carnival gift cards at a grocery store and using them for balances not covered by the $75-off-$350. The card can also be used on board to pay off your ship account. The 6% is only on the first $6000 of grocery store shopping per calendar year, but I'm single and so use Amazon and Carnival and Arco gift cards to maximize the benefit.

We have booked and paid for our October cruise in full. We pre paid gratuities. We are now adding another passenger to our booking, which as a total would be less than $350. I am thinking we could remove our pre paid gratuities and then add them back on when we add the third person. I am just not sure how they would handle removing the gratuities, credit? I like the idea of saving the $75, since we missed out the last time AMEX ran this promotion.

We have booked and paid for our October cruise in full. We pre paid gratuities. We are now adding another passenger to our booking, which as a total would be less than $350. I am thinking we could remove our pre paid gratuities and then add them back on when we add the third person. I am just not sure how they would handle removing the gratuities, credit? I like the idea of saving the $75, since we missed out the last time AMEX ran this promotion.

I am $50 short of owing $350, but this wouldn’t work for us because the refund would cut into the $500 we paid to get the $100 statement credit a few months ago.

That's because there is no link. Offer is either on your card or it's not.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

That’s not true. The last two offers someone posted a link that allowed you to add the offer to a card that didn’t have the offer on it. I added it to my Delta Amex with it so there is a link.

Here what I have seen with Amex offers. Once you get credit and if for some reason you get a credit back on transaction. Nothing happens to credit. In the past I have use 20$ off 20 for Amazon and sams club

That’s not true. The last two offers someone posted a link that allowed you to add the offer to a card that didn’t have the offer on it. I added it to my Delta Amex with it so there is a link.

See my post #20 above. While it's true the previous Amex-World's Leading Cruise Lines offers did have a web site link that would allow you make the offer available to your card, this latest Carnival-specific offer does not have one - at least none that anyone has been able to discover.

I just used this offer on 2 cards. I immediately got the confirmation email. Waiting for the credit to post, but last time that took about 2 days.

As an aside, this time it says limited quantity so I would add it to your card while you can even if you aren't sure if you are going to use it.

I decided to call AmEx offers department and inquire why I don't have these offers. She said these are put on the cards by the merchants discretion, they often look at if you spent with them before. She offered to put a request in for me with the merchant as I have shown interest. She also said the next promotion will be Aug 7. Don't know how accurate any of this is but figured I would relay the info.

I decided to call AmEx offers department and inquire why I don't have these offers. She said these are put on the cards by the merchants discretion, they often look at if you spent with them before. She offered to put a request in for me with the merchant as I have shown interest. She also said the next promotion will be Aug 7. Don't know how accurate any of this is but figured I would relay the info.

Interesting information, thank you for passing along. I can see where the merchant (Carnival in this case) would like input as to whom the offer is made available to but I can also see where Amex would be reluctant to hold back offers from card members who want to spend on their cards but can't (or won't) because the offer isn't there. As mentioned above though, the offer does specify limited quantity so that's probably why Amex wouldn't add for anyone that asked (nor provide a web site link so card members could do that themselves) and needed to check with Carnival first. Will be interested in seeing if another offer comes up in early August as mentioned.

I've never used my Amex gold card with Carnival and it doesn't have the offer. My plain old Amex does, not used it with Carnival either. So doesn't seem to hold true based on my experience

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I really want to take advantage of this offer. I finally see it available for my card and added it this time.

Problem I have is I sail in 2 weeks. Prepaying tips gets me to 310. FTTF is not available. Has anyone tried if buying water, Bubbles, or anything else works? I know it says it doesn't, buy just trying.

-Michael

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I really want to take advantage of this offer. I finally see it available for my card and added it this time.

Problem I have is I sail in 2 weeks. Prepaying tips gets me to 310. FTTF is not available. Has anyone tried if buying water, Bubbles, or anything else works? I know it says it doesn't, buy just trying.

-Michael

The stuff from the Funshop does not get charged as "carnival" so it does not count

-Michael

I'm in the same boat as you :(

-Michael

I tried using it on excursions but it did not trigger the offer. I was debating if I should have tried getting gift cards instead. (Not cruise cash but e gift cards).

I was able to use this offer on my 2 cards for a new reservation, received email from AMEX "Thanks for Using offer" Instantly. Received credit on one of the card the very next day. Still waiting on the other card. Is it normal? How long does it take for it to appear. I know AMEX says wait for atleast 90 days after the promotion end but based on my experience it never takes that long?

Anyone else who has used this offer and still have not received the credit yet?

I was able to use this offer on my 2 cards for a new reservation, received email from AMEX "Thanks for Using offer" Instantly. Received credit on one of the card the very next day. Still waiting on the other card. Is it normal? How long does it take for it to appear. I know AMEX says wait for atleast 90 days after the promotion end but based on my experience it never takes that long?

I username the offer on 3 of the cards. All of my credits posted at the same time

All the Amex credits we've received from cruise offers we've used in recent years (including this current offer) have been posted within three days.

I have the same issue. I called and they said it should be there in a few days. In the past when I did this, the credit was there within a day for both cards I used.

I have the same issue. I called and they said it should be there in a few days. In the past when I did this, the credit was there within a day for both cards I used.

Did Customer service mention on how long it could take before you should call them back.

Did Customer service mention on how long it could take before you should call them back.

I said I would prefer the credit to post before my statement closing date and they said to call about 3 days prior to that. For me that is this friday. So I will be calling on friday if I don't see anything by then.