Amex - American Express offer - $75 off on $350 spent July 2018

LMaxwell

Saw that refer this morning, too. Added to my card and pay on my January cruise. Was going to post here, but you beat me to it!
Based on the offer terms, not sure if paying on existing reservation gets you the reward. Specially states for Reservations booked between 7/2 and 7/31.c7869c10470df99ab7a51c266965a5c8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

My offer was to spend $350 and get 7500 Membership Reward points. Nothing about $75 back. $75 is a much better deal than 7500 points.

Mine was the same. Would definitely prefer the $75 back!

Based on the offer terms, not sure if paying on existing reservation gets you the reward. Specially states for Reservations booked between 7/2 and 7/31.c7869c10470df99ab7a51c266965a5c8.jpg

That language is only there because of travel agents that take payments in their name and remit to carnival. The payment must show as being charged by Carnival. Have used this offer numerous times and it is not on new bookings only. Honestly, they don't care if you even have a booking at all. There have been times I haven't had a reservation and paid on someone else's for them to get the rebate.

My offer was to spend $350 and get 7500 Membership Reward points. Nothing about $75 back. $75 is a much better deal than 7500 points.

7500 points is enough for $75 dollars in Carnival gift cards. The value is the same, it just takes an extra month to get it.

FYI I made a $350 payment just now towards a cruise I booked back in May, and I got an immediate email confirmation of the $75 benefit.

Thanks OP!

7500 points is enough for $75 dollars in Carnival gift cards. The value is the same, it just takes an extra month to get it.

Good catch. The Carnival rewards card has a really good point redemption rate right now.

It’s never on the Delta Amex cards. If someone posts the backdoor link you can add it to it.

IIRC, that Amex-WLCL link only became known because someone was able to get an Amex rep to give it to them after complaining about not having the offer auto-added to their card(s). I'm guessing someone would have to similarly try to weasel that info out of Amex for this Carnival specific offer as well. ;)

Does anyone know if this is for Carnival Cruise Line only or does it work on Princess and Holland America Line like the last one?

Copied and pasted from the details of the offer:

Excludes Holland America, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Cunard brands, purchases made onboard cruise ships and purchases via mobile app