Twice a day service...

We have only recently started cruising (first one in 2015), so we never experienced or cared about the change from 2x to 1x a day.. that being said, we always pick morning and clean up after ourselves throughout the day, no big issue...

In February we are bringing our 3 young kids on a 5 day... is it “crappy” to ask for 2x a day service? I dont want to make more work for our steward, but we will likely be in and out of our room more and making it messier due to nap times and what not, and I really want to enjoy our cruise rather than stress over the state of the room.. Is that terrible? Is it that big of a hassle for them to come twice a day?

Truly, i’m stressed just thinking about the whole ordeal, and that kind of makes me sad because I love cruising.. :o

If you want twice per day, tell them you want twice per day... I'm sure you won't be the only one requesting it. I could get by with once every other day as long as I had clean towels... I could care less if the bed gets made.

On my next cruise I will request twice a day and not think twice about it. We always tidy up throughout the day and never have been ones to leave room messy. That is just how we are, at a restaurant we stack our dishes when done and will wipe table with napkin if there is crumbs or spills. I guess I recall my youth when I worked in restaurant and would be disgusted by how sloppy people can be when eating. I would imagine people can be the same way with their rooms.

We too always opt for twice a day. BUT, we keep our room tidy, so all that needs doing in the evening is putting out dry towels, making the bed, and leaving a towel animal. As long as the room isn't a disaster, I wouldn't feel badly at all about asking for what was the norm for years. I WOULD feel badly about asking for twice a day if my room looked like a bomb had gone off in it both times. Then again, if that were the case I'd be embarrassed to ask for once a day service. :-)

We have never had anything but twice a day service, but if only once a day, we would use twice as many towels, request two or more ice buckets, throw away the same number of fliers, have the same number of dirty dishes in the cabin or outside. It seems like much the same amount of work for the stewards.

2 x per day is included in your cruise fare. 2 times per day is the standard. It is not asking for "extra" service. Some people prefer having their cabin serviced 1 time per day but 2 times is included.

If you do feel the service was above and beyond expectations, please consider an additional gratuity.

Enjoy your family time and your cruise.

2 x per day is included in your cruise fare. 2 times per day is the standard. It is not asking for "extra" service. Some people prefer having their cabin serviced 1 time per day but 2 times is included.

If you do feel the service was above and beyond expectations, please consider an additional gratuity.

Enjoy your family time and your cruise.

Please, stop with all this fact and rationality business. :D

We have always had/requested 2x/day cabin service and have not encountered any issues with a cabin steward. Until 1x/day becomes mandatory, if ever, we will continue to expect twice a day service. We do not tip extra for it either unless we have asked the steward to do something extra. For example, if a cabin didn't have a mini-fridge and we had a cooler, DH would ask the cabin steward the first day to please keep the cooler filled with ice. That was extra and we paid for it.

We have only recently started cruising (first one in 2015), so we never experienced or cared about the change from 2x to 1x a day.. that being said, we always pick morning and clean up after ourselves throughout the day, no big issue...

In February we are bringing our 3 young kids on a 5 day... is it “crappy” to ask for 2x a day service? I dont want to make more work for our steward, but we will likely be in and out of our room more and making it messier due to nap times and what not, and I really want to enjoy our cruise rather than stress over the state of the room.. Is that terrible? Is it that big of a hassle for them to come twice a day?

Truly, i’m stressed just thinking about the whole ordeal, and that kind of makes me sad because I love cruising.. :o

Don't feel bad that is there job 2x a day.

I think you are thinking right. We, as 2 adults, ask for 1X, but if we had kids with us it would be 2X. (With an additional tip) the stewards have long days, and I don’t feel the need to make it longer just so I can get a turn down service.

No need to stress out, 2x a day is normal and definitely tell them thats what you need. It is just the two of us in our cabin our teens are in another. We always say 2x a day (for both cabins) and along with our prepaid tips we tip cash at the beginning and end of our cruise. We don't make too much of a mess but enjoy having a nice clean cabin and fresh towels in the morning and evening. Be sure and ask for however many towels you need and a few extra as you can always use them with kids. It's one of the many things that makes cruising so enjoyable for us.

SaveSave

While I am generally supportive of extra tips, also remember that you're tipping for 5 people (I'm assuming the 2 adults, plus the 3 kids). Your room steward is being compensated for cleaning your room through those tips.

If your steward goes above and beyond or you feel like, certainly tip extra - it's not a requirement though, just because you're requesting the 2x a day room service (nor if you request ice, bathrobes, blankets instead of duvets or any of the other options from your steward).

We're not slobs by any stretch but we always request 2X a day primarily to get fresh towels in the evening. I couldn't care less if they turn down the bed or make a towel animal. I remember when they first brought out the change on the number of times they would service your cabin. Corporate Carnival didn't really do a good job explaining the program (to allow the guests to customize their service needs). One of our cabin stewards tried to tell us it was an either/or and not both proposition. I spent enough time on John Heald's Facebook page to know that wasn't the case and requested 2X. He finally agreed after telling me how overworked he was (not my problem).

I could be fine with once a day service as long as I have clean towels. My question is, if you get the morning service do you still get towel animals? We enjoy them :)

Yes you do.

On my last cruise on the Pride, I requested once a day service and even if they serviced the cabin in the morning, I would come back after dinner to the fun times on the bed along with a towel animal. Sometimes they would leave the towel animal in the morning.