NEW Steakhouse recommendations please

MSarahM

We will be celebrating our son's 17th birthday on the Magic in a few days and have a reservation at the Steakhouse. Actually, we have 2 reservations, but based on some feedback here, we might cancel the 2nd one. I've never eaten in the Steakhouse so I don't know what I'm missing from the old menu. I actually love seafood and a very occasional steak whereas the rest of my family is the opposite. I'd appreciate any menu recommendations from those that have experienced the new menu! I have a talent for choosing poorly!

We have eaten at the Steakhouse several times and have never had a bad meal. The food & service is well worth it. Of course, you can always cancel the 2nd if you have a bad experience with the first one. No need to do it beforehand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I tried steak tartar in the MDR last year on the Magic. While I could live on raw fish (sushi), I couldn't get 3 bites of the tartar down! More for you ;D

Totally understand! I don't care for sushi. It's great Carnival has foods for every taste.

Happy sailing.

Been to the Steakhouse over twenty times. We have sone it multiple times on cruises over half a dozen times. We consider it the best on the seas. Changes in menu are a good thing, embrace the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never eaten in the Steakhouse so I don't know what I'm missing from the old menu. I actually love seafood and a very occasional steak whereas the rest of my family is the opposite. I'd appreciate any menu recommendations from those that have experienced the new menu! I have a talent for choosing poorly!

Lot's of people love the spice-rubbed rib-eye. I didn't like it as much as other offerings, even though I love rib-eye steak. How about the surf-n-turf?

Lot's of people love the spice-rubbed rib-eye. I didn't like it as much as other offerings, even though I love rib-eye steak. How about the surf-n-turf?

It is very good, the fillet is small but great taste. They did away with one of my fav apps beefsteak tomato covered with balsamic and Gorgonzola cheese

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We ate twice in the Magic steakhouse last January with the new menu. The filet was amazing. Wagyu was good, but not my favorite. Bone marrow app was phenomenal. None of the desserts really excited me, so I got the cheese plate both nights. Hubby got the chocolate sphere and was ok with it. We saw several people get Art at the table -- we were not enticed!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely considering the surf and turf, or the Wagyu. I've never had it before and may take advantage of it being offered. Has anyone just had the lobster?

One of my group had the Wagyu and was disappointed. The cut of Wagyu that was previously served at the Chef's Table was amazing. Unfortunately but somewhat predictable, the flat iron Wagyu was pretty tough.

The cut of Wagyu they use is not the most tender and needs to be cooked MR. If you order this steak MW or Well it will not be tender. Also, it's American Wagyu, not Japanese which cost around $100 a lb.

The cut of Wagyu they use is not the most tender and needs to be cooked MR. If you order this steak MW or Well it will not be tender. Also, it's American Wagyu, not Japanese which cost around $100 a lb.

She ordered it rare. It was tough. If one enjoys a cold, bloody interior, flat iron just isn't going to cut it, even if Kobe or Wagyu.

We ate twice in the Magic steakhouse last January with the new menu. The filet was amazing. Wagyu was good, but not my favorite. Bone marrow app was phenomenal. None of the desserts really excited me, so I got the cheese plate both nights. Hubby got the chocolate sphere and was ok with it. We saw several people get Art at the table -- we were not enticed!

How was the bone marrow and the steak tartare made? I love steak tartare don’t know about the bone marrow?

How was the bone marrow and the steak tartare made? I love steak tartare don’t know about the bone marrow?

I don't know about the tartar, but the bone marrow was prepared in the bone. Sorry I don't know really what is behind making it. Seemed roasted maybe? Hopefully someone else will know. All I know is that it was salty and delicious.

The steak tartare was expertly and mildly flavored. The richness of the raw, tender beef shined and there was the faintest salty flavor of capers.

The bone marrow was thrilling. Imagine making an extremely rich broth, dehydrating it, and covering it with a mild, delicious, bit of melted cheese. That's the best way I can describe it. Fantastic!

The steak tartare was expertly and mildly flavored. The richness of the raw, tender beef shined and there was the faintest salty flavor of capers.

The bone marrow was thrilling. Imagine making an extremely rich broth, dehydrating it, and covering it with a mild, delicious, bit of melted cheese. That's the best way I can describe it. Fantastic!

Thanks

Sound great

Well I was planning to skip the steakhouse on our next cruise, but that description makes me want to change plans!