Dd has broken her wrist, what can't she do on our Carnival Vista cruise?

teampayne

Dd broke her wrist yesterday and we are due to sail in 5 weeks time. I'm hoping that she'll not be too restricted when we sail as we are planning on bringing a waterproof cast cover, however she is distraught at the thought of not being allowed to go on the waterslides or the skyride, does anyone have any advice or experiences please? thank you

Bring several of the cast covers. After a few uses they start to leak.

Forget what Carnival allows, what will her doctor allow? Did she break the growth area?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Get a waterproof cast - forget the whole cast cover challenge. If you do go with a cast cover ask the doctor where to order one that actually works. I never have had luck with the ones at the local drugstore.

Five weeks from now she will have figured out how to do everything she wants to do, in fact she probably figured it all out in less than 5 days. The question -- will the cruise line have rules that stop her from any of the activities -- no idea. I doubt you will know until you get on the ship as you will get multiple conflicting answers here and probably the same challenge if you call the cruise line.

Half of the broken arms and wrists i have witnessed from family members have been healed and uncasted in like a month. My little sister they didn’t even cast! So different from even when i was a child...I remember my older sister breaking her forearm and being casted for eight weeks!

How long is she expected to be in the cast?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been to the hospital today and seen the consultant and he thinks we should be ok by the time we travel and if we're not then dd is going to be given a removable cast. Thanks for the replies, we're very relieved.

My daughter broke her collar bone while on the ship and still managed to have a good time - Your daughter just needs to be careful and yes there are waterproof covers she could use to go on the slides a time or two but as others said they can leak so you need to be careful

I just recovered from a broken wrist so I feel for your daughter. Not fun at all. And it was right before a trip to LA. Fortunately I was told that if the bones are in place and don’t need to be set, then you don’t need a cast anymore. Casts are only for when things aren’t staying in the place they’re supposed to. They just gave me an arm brace that adjusts to fit with Velcro. It looks a lot like one of those brace things people use for carpel tunnel issues. You can take it off to shower as long as you’re careful. In 5 weeks from now she will be almost healed as it normally takes 6 weeks to fully heal. But since she’s a kid and they heal so much faster than us adults she will probably be in pretty good shape by the time of the cruise with no pain. My pain was completely gone at 4 weeks. I would make an appointment with the doctor for right before you leave. If her X-rays are good he may release her. Good luck.

My daughter broke her wrist the night before a holiday on an island in maine...dr said just let her do what she can and the cast can get wet so enjoy...she had a great time but that darn cast smelled like rotting lobsters for 6 weeks!...

My daughter broke her wrist the night before a holiday on an island in maine...dr said just let her do what she can and the cast can get wet so enjoy...she had a great time but that darn cast smelled like rotting lobsters for 6 weeks!...

Just asking, no need to respond but,

Why didn’t you get the cast replaced? DD’s wrist cast was replaced because her first one became too loose.