Quickie Muse Silver Suite Question

Travelcat2

Thinking about returning to Silversea in 2020 on the Muse but am not sure about the description of the Silver Suite. Does it have 1 1/2 bathrooms (in the one bedroom)? The description indicates 1 bathroom and "powder room". If anyone has stayed in a Silver Suite on the Muse, I would really appreciate knowing what the "powder room" means.

Thanks much!

We have stayed in a Silver Suite on both the Shadow and Spirit, which featured the same idea. The "powder room" set-up is best explained if you check out the video "Silver Muse Silver Suite". It only runs 3 minutes 13 seconds, but shows how the toilet room serves to complete the full bathroom yet also acts as a half bath off the entry hall. Seabourn uses a similar concept with its Penthouse Suites.

We were in 1104 on the Muse last year and the new public lavatory (which is never used during the day) was right next door, so in essence, we had two "powder rooms".

The only thing we did not like about the Silver Suite on the Muse versus on the Spirit was the poorly designed closet which now has no access from the hall, and the shelving is abysmal. There are no drawers in the closet.

Other than those two minor issues, we loved the Silver Suite on the Muse and hope you will too.

If the toilet is separated from the rest of the bathroom, but there aren't 2 toilets, then there's just 1 bathroom. That's what we're expecting in a Silver Suite, and it's what we've seen online on youtube.

From what I've seen on youtube, the Muse seems to be a step backward from the earlier ships. The lack of a main dining room seems to be another bad idea.

We are booked on the Muse in April ...Hong Kong to Tokyo. We booked a Silver Suite 2. It has essentially the small suite connecting to the Silver Suite. So this is 2 full baths.

Interesting. Do you mind my asking how much more the Silver Suite 2 is since it doesn't show on the website (unless I'm looking in the wrong place)?

I don't remember the precise price difference.....but it wasn't that significant...so we booked it! As best as I can determine, the SS2 is similar to the Master Suite on the Regent Voyager. And we (and if I remember correctly, you also) loved that suite!

You are right - we love the Master Suite on the Voyager. Thanks for your helpful feedback.

Thanks to all that responded. We are looking for two toilets so the Silver suite likely will not work.

TC - This (from a cruise website) may provide more information about the larger Silver Suites:

"Silver Suite: There are more Silver Suites (786 square feet) on Silver Muse than on the line's other vessels, with 34 spread across Decks 9, 10 and 11. Two Silver Suites have two-bedroom configurations, designed to appeal to families and groups of friends traveling together, and they measure 1,119 square feet. All Silver Suites have convertible sofas to accommodate another passenger. The one-bedroom configuration includes a separate bedroom, large living area with couch and plush leather chairs, and bathroom with oversized shower and dual-sink vanity.

The two-bedroom configuration includes a second full bathroom with separate shower and tub, another small seating area and a walk-in closet. Balconies (129 square feet) are the same for one- and two-bedroom suites, and each includes one lounge chair, two chairs and two large tables. Passengers in Silver Suites and higher get unlimited complimentary internet; complimentary laundry, dry cleaning and pressing service; and afternoon canapes served by their butler."

As a side note, the way the above explanation was worded at the end it sounds like dry cleaning and pressing are also complimentary. We believe it was just meant to read that dry cleaning and pressing are available.

Dry cleaning and pressing are complimentary in the Silver Suites, as well as regular laundry.

Thanks for all of the insight to the Silver Suite with the extra bedroom. Really appreciate your posts. Is there anywhere that I can find the price difference between the one bedroom and two bedroom (I know they differ by cruise but am trying to get a general idea).

Thanks for all of the insight to the Silver Suite with the extra bedroom. Really appreciate your posts. Is there anywhere that I can find the price difference between the one bedroom and two bedroom (I know they differ by cruise but am trying to get a general idea).

We haven't been able to find the price difference, but wouldn't your TA have that info?

Yes they should have it. Will check with them.

TC - In looking at a Silversea brochure it confirms that the two-bedroom Silver Suites are made up of a regular Silver Suite and an adjoining "Panorama Suite" (note that the Panorama Suite has no balcony). There seem to be two of these suites on the Muse and on the Spirit.

TC - In looking at a Silversea brochure it confirms that the two-bedroom Silver Suites are made up of a regular Silver Suite and an adjoining "Panorama Suite" (note that the Panorama Suite has no balcony). There seem to be two of these suites on the Muse and on the Spirit.

Thanks for that information.

Dry cleaning and pressing are complimentary in the Silver Suites, as well as regular laundry.

I thought that was the case when I made a reservation for a Silver Suite back in May. But now that I have received my "Travel Journal" , under "Features and Amenities" it lists it as "Dry cleaning and Pressing service (fee applies)" so it seems that it isn't free in the Silver Suites on Silver Whisper.