Our Day in Sitka: the last of my Alaska cruising on a budget videos

elbodans

For those of you who have been sort-of following my video posts from our 14 day sailing on the HAL Zaandam this past July--here's the last one! It features our day in Sitka--where an incident with some peanuts almost led to tragedy but eventually led to hilarity--as well as a general wrap up of the entire on-a-budget trip.

We had a fantastic time. I can not recommend this sailing more highly. And it can TOTALLY be done on a budget.

Last post: http://www.suitcasescholar.com/2018/09/16/the-final-alaska-cruise-vlog-sitka-and-captain-tracys-one-eyed-wrap-up/

All Alaska on a Budget posts: http://www.suitcasescholar.com/category/alaska-on-a-budget/

OMG, Tracy, you are too funny! How long did it take for your eye to get back to normal?

You have given me (and everyone on my roll call thread for next June) some great ideas for independent excursions. Thank you, thank you. Great work, and I know it took a long time for you to put this together.

Where are you going next?

OMG, Tracy, you are too funny! How long did it take for your eye to get back to normal?

You have given me (and everyone on my roll call thread for next June) some great ideas for independent excursions. Thank you, thank you. Great work, and I know it took a long time for you to put this together.

Where are you going next?

so i was kind of laid back about my eye in these clips, but i was LEGIT FREAKING OUT. it hurt so much and i couldn't see at all. wind and sun made it worse...and you know, i was on a ship. in the wind and sun. and we had a sea day and a half after. i was totally freaking out. but a guy on the ship saw me struggling and told me he had the same thing happen to him and that it was a scratched cornea and that i should just not use that eye for a good half-day. so i did that thing with the headband to keep it closed. i even went to dinner in the MDR that way. people looked at me funny but i was like: whatever.

i went to bed that night a little early and slept for maybe 12 hours and in the morning it was fine.

i'm so glad i was able to give you inspiration! feel free to ask me further questions as your sailing approaches. i'm super jealous that you have this trip to look forward to. i'd do it again in a second.

as for where am i off to next: no idea. we are very last minute planners. we actually booked this trip less than a month in advance. i would love to do a more exotic cruise; south america/antarctica for example. or something close to home, like a new england/maritimes sailing. for now i'm back to work travel. i'll be spending a bunch of time in new england these next few weeks and hope to get some good video content there. maybe. if i have time between work!