Mariner of the seas 9/14/18 Comments

Lakers1041

Hi Everyone,

This is my second review. Not into making a big review, just keep it short, sweet and simple. I traveled with DW and group of friends. Had an amazing time. I'm one to never complain to staff, write letters, or make a big deal out of things just a simple person who goes for the ride. The refurbishment, the ship and destination of Mariner of the Seas was the driving decision for the group to sail. Below are some of the things I experienced while onboard.

Music- The DJ who played late nights was amazing! Having a DJ from the outside and not an actual staff member internal was the best. He knew when to change music and had everyone dancing at the right time. KUDOS there. You can tell he knew the most current and old music.

Main Dining Food-Went on Saturday night and it was not good. Calamari was cold and chewy, Salad tasted old, no sourdough bread on our table as they ran out. Waiters were funny, personable and attentive.

Windjammer- Plates and utensils always ran out and you could tell customers were getting frustrated when staff wasn’t responsive. Granted everyone went to windjammer for breakfast every morning. Syrup was another item that would run out all the time. Food for lunch and dinner was good. The desserts on Sunday night were amazing.

Stateroom- My room was 6320-Great location, clean room. Balcony windows were stained with White paste on window. Refrigerator was not working. Again, very small detail and did not ruin our balcony experience.

Suggestion: Embarkation from ports- Should have a tent with water and even hand cold towels in Nassau. Even have a speaker with Music to excite the guests to come onboard. Carnival was doing this and comments from other guests were “We paid more for Royal and Carnival is giving out water and have their employees dancing for guest to get onboard”

Ice Cream Machine- This was the best. Love their ice cream machine, it's never broken like Mcdonalds ice cream machine :)

Izumi- Food was good. I am used to eating at Samurai or Benihana and have to question as to why there is mushrooms in the rice or why is there no pink sauce?

Playmakers- The best sports venue on a cruise ship hands down. Great job here no complaints. Passengers made comments about the Canelo and GGG boxing match not being played. Assuming it has to do with paper view rights on a cruise ship.

Ship- Whoever made the decision to put a Voyager class ship to do the weekend runs, needs a raise and a higher title. This was a very good move as the other lines have no competition when it comes to this type of class of ship. When the press release came out for Mariner being refurbed I took it as all the rooms were refurbed and it turns out they weren't. Might have to change wording on press release for Navigator when it sails Miami next year, but I came onboard with my group and myself that all rooms had been refreshed. You can tell by the color scheme of the room and bathroom. Or maybe I read it wrong

I was able to carry 12 mini bottles of coke and sprite with no issues.

Flo Rider, Perfect Storm Slides, Sky Pad- I recommended doing these when arriving in Coco Cay early morning between 9am-11:30am. No one was out there as guests were off the ship early.

CocoCay- Calm Seas, beautiful blue water and plenty of chairs by the water when we got off at 12pm. Food was ok Ribs were hard, chicken was dry- But some of the other food items were good too.

Shows- Didn’t see any, wasn’t intrigued

Pools- Jam packed but very fun

Solarium- Alot of people used this area a lot

Chops- Didn’t eat there

Jamies- Didn’t eat there and not intrigued by their menu

Suggestion- PRE BOOK Dining package as it was sold out on our cruise

That’s all I can think of for now, any questions let me know.

Have said for years this is the class of ship to have in Miami. Upgrades were nice. The outdoor sports deck was a hit for sure, as is the deck 13 sun lounge/mini golf area. This are is underutilized big time on Navigator. We got back on around 1:30 in Nassau yesterday and there was a tent with water and flavored fruit water. If they run out later maybe they put it away. I've had the music with Carnival, it's nice if the line is moving or no line, if waiting in sun not so nice. Considering repeat soon.

Hugo is the current Cruise Director and he's great! Super fun and animated! First night in the MDR was fantastic last night. Some of the best food we've had! The ship upgrades are GORGEOUS!

Mariner went trough a big crew swap this week, any negative effect on the crew?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mariner went trough a big crew swap this week, any negative effect on the crew?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not that we've seen. A few in training in the dining room, bar, and guest services, but no negative effect. Everyone's been great! We've talked to a few so far who have been on since Singapore and through the entire dry dock. Great stories!

Hi Everyone,

This is my second review. Not into making a big review, just keep it short, sweet and simple. I traveled with DW and group of friends. Had an amazing time. I'm one to never complain to staff, write letters, or make a big deal out of things just a simple person who goes for the ride. The refurbishment, the ship and destination of Mariner of the Seas was the driving decision for the group to sail. Below are some of the things I experienced while onboard.

Music- The DJ who played late nights was amazing! Having a DJ from the outside and not an actual staff member internal was the best. He knew when to change music and had everyone dancing at the right time. KUDOS there. You can tell he knew the most current and old music.

Main Dining Food-Went on Saturday night and it was not good. Calamari was cold and chewy, Salad tasted old, no sourdough bread on our table as they ran out. Waiters were funny, personable and attentive.

Windjammer- Plates and utensils always ran out and you could tell customers were getting frustrated when staff wasn’t responsive. Granted everyone went to windjammer for breakfast every morning. Syrup was another item that would run out all the time. Food for lunch and dinner was good. The desserts on Sunday night were amazing.

Stateroom- My room was 6320-Great location, clean room. Balcony windows were stained with White paste on window. Refrigerator was not working. Again, very small detail and did not ruin our balcony experience.

Suggestion: Embarkation from ports- Should have a tent with water and even hand cold towels in Nassau. Even have a speaker with Music to excite the guests to come onboard. Carnival was doing this and comments from other guests were “We paid more for Royal and Carnival is giving out water and have their employees dancing for guest to get onboard”

Ice Cream Machine- This was the best. Love their ice cream machine, it's never broken like Mcdonalds ice cream machine :)

Izumi- Food was good. I am used to eating at Samurai or Benihana and have to question as to why there is mushrooms in the rice or why is there no pink sauce?

Playmakers- The best sports venue on a cruise ship hands down. Great job here no complaints. Passengers made comments about the Canelo and GGG boxing match not being played. Assuming it has to do with paper view rights on a cruise ship.

Ship- Whoever made the decision to put a Voyager class ship to do the weekend runs, needs a raise and a higher title. This was a very good move as the other lines have no competition when it comes to this type of class of ship. When the press release came out for Mariner being refurbed I took it as all the rooms were refurbed and it turns out they weren't. Might have to change wording on press release for Navigator when it sails Miami next year, but I came onboard with my group and myself that all rooms had been refreshed. You can tell by the color scheme of the room and bathroom. Or maybe I read it wrong

I was able to carry 12 mini bottles of coke and sprite with no issues.

Flo Rider, Perfect Storm Slides, Sky Pad- I recommended doing these when arriving in Coco Cay early morning between 9am-11:30am. No one was out there as guests were off the ship early.

CocoCay- Calm Seas, beautiful blue water and plenty of chairs by the water when we got off at 12pm. Food was ok Ribs were hard, chicken was dry- But some of the other food items were good too.

Shows- Didn’t see any, wasn’t intrigued

Pools- Jam packed but very fun

Solarium- Alot of people used this area a lot

Chops- Didn’t eat there

Jamies- Didn’t eat there and not intrigued by their menu

Suggestion- PRE BOOK Dining package as it was sold out on our cruise

That’s all I can think of for now, any questions let me know.

How was the nightlife? Bars, etc? We are a group of 8 late 20 early 30's guys so we like to party it up on a cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Who can go in the Suite lounge? It used to be a card room and another small room before the refurb. Used to be down lower deck with no windows. Thanks. Going there to see the refurb but not optimistic about a good time. Hugo is great. had him on another ship. Love ice shows too!

Also - what were the production shows if you recall.Thanks again.

Who can go in the Suite lounge? It used to be a card room and another small room before the refurb. Used to be down lower deck with no windows. Thanks. Going there to see the refurb but not optimistic about a good time. Hugo is great. had him on another ship. Love ice shows too!

Also - what were the production shows if you recall.Thanks again.

SORRY! I found it in another thread. No more interior lounge. Would never want to be in this ship if there were a lot of top tier folks as I'm not grand suite or pinnacle!

There is a Diamond Lounge for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle members.

There is a Suite Lounge for guests in Grand Suites and better, plus Pinnacle members.

Expand Signature

Bob

Past Cruises