St. Maarten - Orient Beach

seaandsea

I will be in St Maarten soon, and would love a beach day. I am trying to find information on Orient Beach, yes I tried posting on the St. Maarten port boards, but did not get a response. I have heard of Perch Lite and Bikini Beach. Are they near each other? Which is nicer? We want a place with nice chairs, bathroom facilities, maybe get a drink? Also wondering how much a taxi would be? Thanks for any info,

I will be in St Maarten soon, and would love a beach day. I am trying to find information on Orient Beach, yes I tried posting on the St. Maarten port boards, but did not get a response. I have heard of Perch Lite and Bikini Beach. Are they near each other? Which is nicer? We want a place with nice chairs, bathroom facilities, maybe get a drink? Also wondering how much a taxi would be? Thanks for any info,

From what I am hearing Bikini Beach is just about the only one rebuilt. The pictures on Trip Advisor look great and the reviews are good.

(Not familiar with Perch Lite).

Bikini Beach is completely rebuilt and better than it was before Irma. Restaurant, bar, bathrooms, chairs and umbrellas available, Next to Bikini are jet ski and para sailing rentals.

Perch Lite is an attempt at starting to rebuild Club Orient, the clothing optional area. Chairs and umbrella rentals, drinks and limited menu available.

Those are the only two bars/restaurants open for business that we saw last week. Building is going on, so more may be opening over the next few months.

Sherri:)