3 or 4 occupancy rooms open up for 2 people?

wgeo

Following this thread with interest. I've noted that there is very little availability for 2 berth balconies on Grandeur New England and Canada mid July cruise but a lot for 3 berth in arguably better mid ship locations. These 3 berth cabins are available to all for same itinerary in June and August. I get it that these cannot be booked for 2 pax during peak (school) holiday season but also wonder at what stage they would open up? Or would these just be used for guarantee balcony bookings?

Why don’t you change your cabin to deck 3 and then if or when 2 cabins open on higher decks move the bookings.

We're currently booked in 8000 - which is a larger family oceanview, we can't switch to a smaller cabin. I even checked to see if we could put one of our kids in the grandparents room, but then according to the Royal rep on the phone we'd "probably" get moved out of 8000 as we wouldn't have enough occupancy for that room anymore.

Agreed. If they DO lift it, it is often not until after the final payment date.

Thanks - that was my original question - Do they really lift occupancy restrictions and if so when? If it doesn't happen until after final payment date then we can just accept that this isn't going to happen for them.

Thanks - that was my original question - Do they really lift occupancy restrictions and if so when? If it doesn't happen until after final payment date then we can just accept that this isn't going to happen for them.

There is no guarantee occupancy rates will be removed. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. If the do, the timing can vary.

If you really want your parents to go just pay for a fictitious third person in the room and then have that person be a “no show”. Taxes and fees would be refunded.

I just checked the website of my favorite large on line agency. This agency will hold blocks of room for sale.

There are still cabins for two in all categories for June 2019 for both Radiance and Ovation available on their web site.

Check the various on line agencies.

The large family oceanview rooms are really nice we sailed in one on Freedom. They face forward and sleep up to 6 right? Don't move out of that room, don't do it.

Book your parents in a 2 person room either inside or balcony if they HAVE to be on your floor. Then you can move them if a preferred cabin opens up. Lock in at a price your happy with and worst case its a elevator ride away.

I deal with an online travel website which has blocks of rooms and I have to call them to get all of the available Royal Caribbean cabins, they don't list them on their website, nor Royal's website.

They got us connecting cabins and three other rooms next to us none of which were listed as available on any website I looked at.

There is no guarantee occupancy rates will be removed. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. If the do, the timing can vary.

If you really want your parents to go just pay for a fictitious third person in the room and then have that person be a “no show”. Taxes and fees would be refunded.

Kid sail free promotion is on now too. If the fictitious person was under 12 wouldn't they get all their money refunded.

Good news for us - after only 30 minutes on hold today the "revenue" department decided to let them book that room. The first rep I spoke to said it would never be allowed on an Alaskan cruise, so we must have gotten lucky. Guess it pays to keep calling back.

• 2 weeks later...
Good news for us - after only 30 minutes on hold today the "revenue" department decided to let them book that room. The first rep I spoke to said it would never be allowed on an Alaskan cruise, so we must have gotten lucky. Guess it pays to keep calling back.

Glad to here you got what you wanted/needed. We like RCI and have been on multiple cruises on many of their ships. However, sometimes I wonder if their booking people and others really know what they are talking about? Again, good for you. Hope you and your parents have a wonderful cruise! :D

Great News! We will see you on the sailing!