Early Flight Experience - Allure

JamesEM

Just wanted to share my recent experience (Allure 9/16 - 9/23) with having an early flight back home, I had a 9:30 flight out of FLL. Left my cabin at 6:30 and went down to deck 5 to find about 200-300 passengers waiting to disembark, RCL had two lines one aft and one forward and each had two machine to "ding" you off. The total wait the was less than 10 minutes, then off to customs which had all lines open which moved quickly, followed the yellow line to exited the building. Went to the taxi area and there had to be 30/40 available taxis waiting, after the short ride to the airport was dropped off at 7:25. Don't know if this is common or I lucked out with everything working out well for me.

Edited by JamesEM
Typo

Glad it worked out for you. FLL is a very short ride from the port. However there are too many variables for me to try that. How was your stress level the last night and first thing in the morning? Serious question as I would have been "sweating it" all night and until I actually got into a cab.

Maybe I am still sleepy but didn't see a typo in " Early Flight Experience " I generally choose a flight around Noon out of FLL

I swear the "l" was left out, and I checked twice. The Typo Fairy must have fixed it. Anyway, good for a laugh.:D

Maybe I am still sleepy but didn't see a typo in " Early Flight Experience " I generally choose a flight around Noon out of FLL

I swear the "l" was left out, and I checked twice. The Typo Fairy must have fixed it. Anyway, good for a laugh.:D

I fixed it.

• Like 1

Totally doable. I was standing on my balcony watching people disembark at 6:30am. I thought I was early by choosing 7am to disembark. We were at the airport by 8 to pickup a rental car.

Of course, things can happen with individual sailings that can make disembarking more of an ordeal, but usually I find that I can still be off and at the airport at a reasonable time.

We normally fly out of FLL after a cruise, but last cruise we pushed the envelope. Cruised on the Allure so were out of Port Everglades. We took a 10:45 flight out of Miami, not FLL. Family of 5 (kids were 4, 2 and 2). We self disembarked and were some of the first off and were quickly on the way to the airport. We were at the airport by 8ish. So we had plenty of time to spare. I appreciate the potential for issues with an early Miami flight when your ship docks in Port Everglades so if all things are equal I'd prefer to FLL, but this time the prices and times worked much better out of Miami. So early Miami flight is possible.

Glad it worked out for you. FLL is a very short ride from the port. However there are too many variables for me to try that. How was your stress level the last night and first thing in the morning? Serious question as I would have been "sweating it" all night and until I actually got into a cab.

I'm 72 years old and would not have booked an early except my son had made the all reservations, yes I was stressed.

We were also on this cruise but stayed until Tuesday night. Had a 10 PM flight out of FLL. It was a mad house at 7.30 when we arrived. You can never be sure when that airport is going to swamped with passengers. There were only 2 ships in port last Sunday, sometimes there are 5,6,or 7. Glad you made it in time. Was that you James that stopped in at Duffy's to tell us you were going to another place with your family?

We were also on this cruise but stayed until Tuesday night. Had a 10 PM flight out of FLL. It was a mad house at 7.30 when we arrived. You can never be sure when that airport is going to swamped with passengers. There were only 2 ships in port last Sunday, sometimes there are 5,6,or 7. Glad you made it in time. Was that you James that stopped in at Duffy's to tell us you were going to another place with your family?

Yes, sorry I could not stop by and have a few drinks/eats, my family decided to eat at Gilbert's 17 St. Grill.

Edited by JamesEM
Typo