Received an email upgrade

We just received an upgrade email for a 4 night Empress of the Seas cruise from an Oceanview to a JS for $500. In my mind it doesn't seem worth it for that short of a cruise (we leave next Thursday). Any thoughts from those who have sailed on the Empress?

I have had the junior suite on the empress and it was a regular sized balcony room (same layout as most of the other ships as a standard balcony room). If you are a group more than 2 I would take it since the inside rooms/outside rooms are super tiny. If you don't care about having a bit more space and the balcony I wouldn't bother for a 4 night cruise imho. There are no perks to a JS on this class ship. Good Luck and happy sailing!

My primary question is did all of you who received this email book directly with Royal Caribbean or did any of you use a TA? Our January Harmony cruise is booked through a TA.

We booked directly with RCL and didnt ever indicate we would have interest in an upgrade. The paid upgrade offer came out of the blue in an email and asked if we wanted to be on the upgrade list.

I received an up sell call a few weeks ago to move to a GS from a JS for the 9/2 sailing of Allure. I accepted the offer and then yesterday I received an email asking if I wanted to be put on the wait list for "premium suite". It sounds like they had mass mailing yesterday of up sell emails.

We are sailing on Liberty on Sunday and I got the email yesterday (3 days out from the sail date) to be added to the waitlist for a “potential upgrade.” Ours would be from interior to junior suite for $450. I called C&A and asked if it was first clicked/first offered because I didn’t see the email until 8 hours after it was sent. She said that the list is prioritized according to C&A status. I signed up, but so far no call. The email says that they only call once and if you don’t answer your phone they will go to the next person on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got back from the Adventure in my upgraded room. We booked a Jr Suite with 4 people in it. About a month and a half out we got a call to upgrade for $500 to a two bedroom grand suite. It was amazing and so worth every penny. We booked directly through Royal and didn’t get an email, only a call. The Suite life sure was sweet! I don’t know how I’m going to go back to my interior rooms!

I’m on Allure October 14. I booked an OV Balcony and 150 days out they upsell called me for a JS for $100 which I gladly took. Then about 10 days ago (70 days from sailing), they upsell called me again for the 1 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite on deck 14 for $400, which I happily took again. I’m hoping my luck continues and I can make a lateral transition to a Loft Suite 🤞🏼

Also I book directly with RCI, every time I get called, it’s from the RCI number.

Just received an upgrade offer to be put on the wait list for a JS for 300.00. We have a balcony cabin. We booked directly through RC. I checked the web site and our cruise price had been reduced. I called and was able to get a free upgrade to a larger balcony cabin. Hope I made a good decision. Sailing Sept. 9th Oasis.

Those of you getting upgrade emails, what does it say in the subject line. I get emails everyday from

RCCL but have never seen one of these emails. Maybe I've overlooked one and didn't realize it.

Mine read: Suites Upgrade Opportunity

We are sailing on Liberty on Sunday and I got the email yesterday (3 days out from the sail date) to be added to the waitlist for a “potential upgrade.” Ours would be from interior to junior suite for $450. I called C&A and asked if it was first clicked/first offered because I didn’t see the email until 8 hours after it was sent. She said that the list is prioritized according to C&A status. I signed up, but so far no call. The email says that they only call once and if you don’t answer your phone they will go to the next person on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know about that. I've never ever received one call or e-mail.:loudcry:

I've gotten calls for each of my cruises since 2016 for paid upgrades. My profile is marked "no upgrades" and I check every time Royal calls. I do book direct.....

Got a call last week to move from my fantastic corner aft ocean balcony to a side JS for only $1000. The rep told me I was first on the list of 11 passengers she was calling. This is for my Vision TA in October (13 days). I turned her down of course........

I asked the rep how I keep getting on these list and she said I must be lucky.....lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My email was for a $400 upgrade from an OV to a Jr. Suite. They called but I didn't answer. Didn't feel like it was worth it. Jr. suites aren't really suites, just slightly larger rooms which I'm not overly concerned about as we'll only be sleeping there and then out and about!

I've gotten calls for each of my cruises since 2016 for paid upgrades. My profile is marked "no upgrades" and I check every time Royal calls. I do book direct.....

Got a call last week to move from my fantastic corner aft ocean balcony to a side JS for only $1000. The rep told me I was first on the list of 11 passengers she was calling. This is for my Vision TA in October (13 days). I turned her down of course........

I asked the rep how I keep getting on these list and she said I must be lucky.....lol

Pay them 1,000 to lose your great aft cabin?? :o:eek: OK...where did RCI think the incentive was there? :')

Pay them 1,000 to lose your great aft cabin?? :o:eek: OK...where did RCI think the incentive was there? :')

I think it would depend if his corner aft cabin is on deck 7 or deck 8...........if it's on deck 7 I think I would pay the $1000 for the JS..........Those deck 7 cabins on the aft are really tiny . For 13 days cruise over rough water being in a larger cabin and midship in JS might be alot better.

The deck 8 aft corner cabins are bigger and do have a wrap around balcony, the deck 7 balony does not wrap around. I would probably stick with the cabin if has the one on deck 8.............otherwise I would pay to move to the JS.

Jimbo

I think it would depend if his corner aft cabin is on deck 7 or deck 8...........if it's on deck 7 I think I would pay the $1000 for the JS..........Those deck 7 cabins on the aft are really tiny . For 13 days cruise over rough water being in a larger cabin and midship in JS might be alot better.

The deck 8 aft corner cabins are bigger and do have a wrap around balcony, the deck 7 balony does not wrap around. I would probably stick with the cabin if has the one on deck 8.............otherwise I would pay to move to the JS.

Jimbo

I think you're mistaken....

I think you're mistaken....

Ok, my mistake. We were on Vision a long, long time ago.......We had an aft balcony too, problem was once we got to the pier our cabin was double booked..........Since we were the second couple to the pier checking in they upgraded us to a Grand Suite and we took it. Aft cabin didn't matter to us since we have been in many aft corner balcony cabins before.

Vision is an older ship, had engine problems on our sailing, missed a port, traveled on one engine. It was a Mexican Riviera cruise...........Found the ship to be kind of dull, to old of ship for us to sail on it again.

Jimbo:)

Ok, my mistake. We were on Vision a long, long time ago.......We had an aft balcony too, problem was once we got to the pier our cabin was double booked..........Since we were the second couple to the pier checking in they offered to upgraded us to a Grand Suite and we took it. Aft cabin didn't matter to us since we have been in many aft corner balcony cabins before.

We'd rather have the outdoor space. We like having port sailaway parties on our deck with old/new friends.

Vision/Rhapsody are set up the same and have the best corner afts of any other ship. Deck 8 afts are JS.

#AftOrDieTrying

Edited by Beachammo

If you like aft corner balconies, we had cabin #8181 on Celebrity Infinity for our Alaska Cruise last year. It was a really nice cabin, split up by a divider, 2 tv's.......but the balcony was huge, almost as large as the huge cabin. A family of 6 could have sleeped out there.

It's like this cabin on Summit, 2 doors to get into the cabin.

Back to the OP question, looks like most if not all of these upgrade emails/offers are coming through people that book directly with RCCL..............I guess they don't want to make these offers through travel agencies because it takes more emails and phone tag.