Royal Caribbean Documentary

I’m hoping someone else might have some idea of where to find this documentary. Last February my husband and I were on the Allure of the Seas and happened to see on our stateroom TV this 2 part documentary produced by Royal Caribbean about the “Royal Caribbean Story.” They talked about the history of their first ships and other topics (I specifically remember the Sun Viking being mentioned and how the Empress of the Seas was the largest ship when it was built.)

Since returning to land I’ve been trying to find that documentary again. Does anyone know what this documentary is called and/or where I can find a copy of it? I’m happy to buy a DVD on ship if needed—we haven’t been on a cruise since that cruise when I watched it on our stateroom TV, but we’ll be going on Anthem of the Seas next month. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know if it's the one but we just got off Navigator and they were showing something which sounds very similar to this on the tv in our stateroom. We only saw part one - part two was probably on while we were out and about :-)

Was it specific to the ship or to RCL in general? Searching...

I think the documentary was in two parts, with the first part being about the history of RCL in general and about their first ships. The second part focused on their newer ships (at the time being Oasis and Quantum Class).

Thanks to everyone who has posted this far! I’ll try reaching out to RCL home office and will also search the TV on our cruise next month to see if they’re playing it on board. :D

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Archived Video

This video is no longer available as a downloadable file. If you’re interested in archived videos please contact us.

I've actually been searching for it as well... I still have not found it, but if you have a few minutes to kill, this is a pretty cool video that someone did about Song of Norway https://youtu.be/j1A8AXGvam8

...There are some pretty cool shots and old footage of the ship in port and dry dock.

Edited by JasonMason
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

On Adventure in May there were two presentations given with the founding and history of Royal Caribbean in one of the lounges.  Not sure if it was also available on the tv.

Not sure when 2nd part was made but saw first back in 1996. Use to show it on all ships back then

2 hours ago, JasonMason said:

I've actually been searching for it as well... I still have not found it, but if you have a few minutes to kill, this is a pretty cool video that someone did about Song of Norway https://youtu.be/j1A8AXGvam8

...There are some pretty cool shots and old footage of the ship in port and dry dock.

Love this video! There’s a couple out there that go over the older ships (pre-Vision class) ships that are really enjoyable.  Thanks for sharing:)

• Like 1