Missed Final Payment

cuculola

Hi all,

I was wondering what happens if you missed the final payment due date? I know there are penalties for canceling x number of days before the cruise. Would missing the final be an automatic cancellation?

Yes. If you just don't do anything about making final payment, RC is likely to cancel and keep your deposit.

If you contact them and ask for a little more time, they often grant that.

Hi all,

I was wondering what happens if you missed the final payment due date? I know there are penalties for canceling x number of days before the cruise. Would missing the final be an automatic cancellation?

Yes.

However if you contacted them the next day with a good excuse you MIGHT by OK.

If they have a credit card on file they will just charge it.

There are other cruise lines that do this but ROYAL CARIBBEAN DOES NOT.

Depending on where you booked it through, you may have different results (Travel Agent may be able to buy you more time than on line).. If I remember right, on line will cancel within a day, where as other methods MAY give you the 48 hours (Again, if I remember right).

A co-worker of mine totally forgot about her final payment by two and half weeks. I happened to ask her about the cruise and thought her final was around the current timeframe. Amazingly she called up, still had the reservation, made final payment and it was fine. I was beyond shocked she still had a cabin.

If they have a credit card on file they will just charge it.
Royal does not keep credit cards on file

Yes. If you just don't do anything about making final payment, RC is likely to cancel and keep your deposit.

If you have a TA, Royal will notify them at final payment time and the TA will have 5 business days to get the payment in. I would think it would be the same if you booked directly. Even if Royal did cancel the booking, they would refund the deposit

Royal does not keep credit cards on file

If you have a TA, Royal will notify them at final payment time and the TA will have 5 business days to get the payment in. I would think it would be the same if you booked directly. Even if Royal did cancel the booking, they would refund the deposit

Really? That's nice of them. ;) :D

Thanks all for your responses!

We booked directly with royal and are trying to transfer the reservation to our TA. Problem is that our final payment is due in 3 days and we're having issues with the transfer. After speaking to countless reps for hours, the only thing we can do is wait for them to resolve it and we're worried this will not be done before final is due.

I have never actively made a final payment, they have charged my card on file.

Then you must have "actively" given your TA the right to do this...otherwise I personally am very "active" when it comes to anything being charged to my credit cards ;)

Then you must have "actively" given your TA the right to do this...otherwise I personally am very "active" when it comes to anything being charged to my credit cards ;)

Even when my best buddy is my TA, she ALWAYS asks before she puts final payment through.

(which is how it SHOULD be!)

I have booked 4 cruises in the last 2 years, one through a travel agent, the others direct with RC and in both cases my card was charge on final payment day -- not sure how it's supposed to work, I suppose I will be sure my payment gets made when my final payment day comes up here in a few weeks.

Edited by ctrinco

Hi all,

They may charge you with the credit card you made the deposit with