Room Service Menu

Working 2 Cruise

I actually was very surprised by the amount of items that had charges. I think it just looks bad from a marketing perspective as the main complaint I see these days is the move towards fee this/fee that.

But a lot of things were added at no charge. Again, it's your choice to get these items or not.

• 8 months later...
I actually was very surprised by the amount of items that had charges. I think it just looks bad from a marketing perspective as the main complaint I see these days is the move towards fee this/fee that.

I'm with you. I understand it's my "choice" to pay or to order non-fee items, but free room service has long been one of the included-with-your-fare points. Royal started charging $7/delivery early last year, i believe. So here is the next wave...

I always assumed that free room service was the cruise line's way of lessening the burden/wait times in the MDR. Maybe ive been wrong in that assumption.

The expanded menu looks tasty, but if I want steak & lobster for $38, I'll go the the Crown Grill and get waited on...rather than eat my fancy dinner in my lap.

:rolleyes:

Ok, now that is funny! I have to agree. Really can't believe the room service surf & turf would be that good. Especially if I have to order every little thing needed for a meal.

I'm with you. I understand it's my "choice" to pay or to order non-fee items, but free room service has long been one of the included-with-your-fare points. Royal started charging $7/delivery early last year, i believe. So here is the next wave...

I always assumed that free room service was the cruise line's way of lessening the burden/wait times in the MDR. Maybe ive been wrong in that assumption.

The royal charges a fee for room service? I hope the sky doesn’t follow suit. We have a Nov 2019 booking on the sky. That will be very disappointing. We don’t order a lot of room service, but it should be included. Looks like they took away the yummy lasagne off that menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The royal charges a fee for room service? I hope the sky doesn’t follow suit. We have a Nov 2019 booking on the sky. That will be very disappointing. We don’t order a lot of room service, but it should be included. Looks like they took away the yummy lasagne off that menu.

The flat room service delivery charge was an experiment during the maiden Caribbean season of Regal Princess (not Royal) that ended up lasting only a few weeks. The outrcry was loud enough to be heard in Santa Clarita unaided by communication devices.

For now there are just a few upcharge items on the newer ships, besides the $3 charge for pizza delivery fleetwide.

EDIT: Upon further review I do believe the post you quoted was referring to Royal Caribbean-line ships, not the Royal Princess. (I will leave my original response to allay any concerns about Princess Cruises ships doing so)

Edited by fishywood

The flat room service delivery charge was an experiment during the maiden Caribbean season of Regal Princess (not Royal) that ended up lasting only a few weeks. The outrcry was loud enough to be heard in Santa Clarita unaided by communication devices.

For now there are just a few upcharge items on the newer ships, besides the $3 charge for pizza delivery fleetwide.

EDIT: Upon further review I do believe the post you quoted was referring to Royal Caribbean-line ships, not the Royal Princess. (I will leave my original response to allay any concerns about Princess Cruises ships doing so)

Thanks for the clarificaion, we were on the Royal TA, to Florida, used Room Service for lunch a few times, no charge... we do room service for breakfast eveyday, no charge...