Caribe Aft Balcony Cabin

Eddie4Paws

Hello. I've sailed Princess before however this is my first balcony cabin and it is located at my favorite place on a ship- facing aft.

I'm wondering if a Caribe Aft balcony cabin has any shade or is it directly underneath the deck above? I really intend to use the balcony to its fullest however if it is in direct sunlight at times where the ship provides no shade from the sun then I'll need to move. I suppose my next question is which Aft Decks do have some shade from the deck overhead? Thanks!

Hello. I've sailed Princess before however this is my first balcony cabin and it is located at my favorite place on a ship- facing aft.

I'm wondering if a Caribe Aft balcony cabin has any shade or is it directly underneath the deck above? I really intend to use the balcony to its fullest however if it is in direct sunlight at times where the ship provides no shade from the sun then I'll need to move. I suppose my next question is which Aft Decks do have some shade from the deck overhead? Thanks!

I've only sailed on a Caribe aft balcony cabin on the Golden and Emerald (or Diamond), but they do have some shade. My husband is an Aussie who tans and I'm a Scot who just burns, so they give us the best of both worlds. I have to say though on those ships our favourite cabin is either C742 or C743 because you are still all the way aft but with a much larger half covered balcony.

Trish

I've only sailed on a Caribe aft balcony cabin on the Golden and Emerald (or Diamond), but they do have some shade. My husband is an Aussie who tans and I'm a Scot who just burns, so they give us the best of both worlds. I have to say though on those ships our favourite cabin is either C742 or C743 because you are still all the way aft but with a much larger half covered balcony.

Trish

We were just on the Caribbean Princess in C743 and I totally agree with you! We could see some of the wake and we felt very private. Great cabin. Caribe deck on the cantilevered deck ships is the best in our opinion :cool:

I’m on C752 on the carrieban awesome cabin completely covered

We'll be in C753 when we sail CB. Is the balcony pretty big? It looks long and narrow from the deck plan but it's hard to tell. I love that it is completely covered!

From your signature it looks as if you are on the Royal Princess.

The Royal (and now the Regal and the Majestic) are different than the Gem class (Emerald, Ruby, Caribbean, etc.) in that the aft of the ship is cantilevered rather than straight down.

On the Royal only Baja and Dolphin decks have any overhead covering (and that will be about half covered half open).

The Caribe will be totally open to the elements.

I believe you are sailing on the Royal. Marina and Riviera deck aft balconies are 9’x9’ and fully uncovered; Aloha, Caribe, and Emerald deck aft balconies are 5’x9’ and fully uncovered; and Baja and Dolphin deck aft balconies at 9’x9’ with the first 5’ covered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums