Moving in Bermuda

newone17

Hello, any suggestions about best way to get from King's wharf to Hamilton or St. George, or anyway on the islands? Last time i was on Bermuda cruise in 2006 on a smaller ship and we docked at different port every day, so didn't need to know about taxi or ferry or shuttle.. Now, would like to know up front what is the price, what is faster, convenient, etc. Thank you, recent cruisers!

Agree about the pass. Use the ferry to Hamilton/St. George, bus to the beaches. East peasy.

The pass is not necessarily the best. To Hamilton and St. George's the ferries are best. A token is $4.50 or $5 cash. For Horseshoe Bay the $7 minibus shuttle is better than the public bus. The minibus goes down the hill and up the hill. Whether to get a one or two day transportation pass or not depends on ones plans. I don't buy the passes anymore only individual trips because I only go to St. George's, Hamiltion, on ferries and I don't take the public bus to the beach.

We bought 3 day passes. Used the ferry between Kings Wharf & Hamilton several times and to get to St George. We took the bus back to Hamilton (the ship moved from KW to Hamilton while we were gone) and to the aquarium and crystal caves. Easy and inexpensive.

The pass is not necessarily the best. To Hamilton and St. George's the ferries are best. A token is $4.50 or $5 cash. For Horseshoe Bay the $7 minibus shuttle is better than the public bus. The minibus goes down the hill and up the hill. Whether to get a one or two day transportation pass or not depends on ones plans. I don't buy the passes anymore only individual trips because I only go to St. George's, Hamiltion, on ferries and I don't take the public bus to the beach.

We have been to Bermuda several times but have always taken the cruise excursion. Where do we get the mini bus? Is it $7.00 each way per person?

Thanks

This is the best advice. ^^^^

Use the ferry to Hamilton and St, Georges, much faster. Most times tokens are the cheapest way to travel because you'll probably only travel to/from Hamilton and St, Georges once. 6 tokens @ $4.50 = $27 per person should cover your trips.

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000091.htm

Additional advice would be to purchase your passes or tokens at the Visitor Information Center. The line is usually much shorter than at the pier.

Enjoy.

We have been to Bermuda several times but have always taken the cruise excursion. Where do we get the mini bus? Is it $7.00 each way per person?

Thanks

The fare to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach is $7p/p each direction. The fare will vary depending on the destination, but 7 passengers are required per destination.

Below is a diagram of the Transportation Zone at the Dockyard. Mini-buses can be found in Zone 5.

enhance

SBtS

If you are cruising NCL, there is a free ferry to St. George from the dockyard, so the pass becomes even less economical.

If you are going to Hamilton for Harbor Nights, note that the ferry gets PACKED. For the 6:15 PM ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton people now seem to line up an hour or more in advance which is a change from when I was there in 2015. You may decide once you're in Hamilton there are too many people and you just want to take a cab back and not deal with the crowds, or whatever.

Rather than using the pass, I would say to just pay as you go and keep your options flexible.

I have also used the bus in the past and I'm not sure "fun" is the best way to describe it. There are a lot of regular folks who are just trying to get to school and work, and while they're always friendly you can also sense there is some mild form of annoyance from the bus being packed with people that are going to the beach. My parents were also on a bus once where the driver was openly hostile towards tourists. They've also been having a bunch of trouble with the bus fleet and having enough buses on the road because the fleet is old.

If you are cruising NCL, there is a free ferry to St. George from the dockyard, so the pass becomes even less economical.

If you are going to Hamilton for Harbor Nights, note that the ferry gets PACKED. For the 6:15 PM ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton people now seem to line up an hour or more in advance which is a change from when I was there in 2015. You may decide once you're in Hamilton there are too many people and you just want to take a cab back and not deal with the crowds, or whatever.

Rather than using the pass, I would say to just pay as you go and keep your options flexible.

I have also used the bus in the past and I'm not sure "fun" is the best way to describe it. There are a lot of regular folks who are just trying to get to school and work, and while they're always friendly you can also sense there is some mild form of annoyance from the bus being packed with people that are going to the beach. My parents were also on a bus once where the driver was openly hostile towards tourists. They've also been having a bunch of trouble with the bus fleet and having enough buses on the road because the fleet is old.

No, not NCL, Royal Caribbean. And there is no ferry between dockyard and st.George. only to Hamilton, then bus. I guess, we will see... Thank you

No, not NCL, Royal Caribbean. And there is no ferry between dockyard and st.George. only to Hamilton, then bus. I guess, we will see... Thank you

There's a public ferry between Dockyard and St. George that runs Monday to Friday during the cruise season. Same cost as the ferry between Dockyard and Hamilton.

Here's the schedule for all the public ferries:

http://www.marops.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202018.pdf

In the past there have been several ferries a day to St. George's from the Dockyard. They must have changed the schedule.

In the past there have been several ferries a day to St. George's from the Dockyard. They must have changed the schedule.

No, they haven't changed the schedule. There is regular public ferry service between Dockyard and St. George. The only thing that has changed is that there is also a free ferry just for NCL passengers. The poster apparently misinterpreted the information about the free NCL ferry and thought that was the only ferry between Dockyard and St. George .

I will research more, but found out now that direct ferry from dockyard to St. George stops running after October and we'll be there in November.. So, it's ferry to Hamilton and bus to St. George.. Kind of long trip, but we'll see. We loved Tobacco Bay beach, otherwise, especially if weather will not be great, we may skip trip to St. George. RCC should have a free ferry too)))