Comparing Cabins

rlkubi

We have always cruised Carnival but booked a Princess South American cruise on Aloha deck. How does Princess cabins compare to Carnival? I've always heard Carnival cabins more square footage? Does anyone have photos? Thanks all!

We have always cruised Carnival but booked a Princess South American cruise on Aloha deck. How does Princess cabins compare to Carnival? I've always heard Carnival cabins more square footage? Does anyone have photos? Thanks all!

I guess you are speaking about the Star Princess or Royal Princess. What category cabin did you book and on what ship?

I can't compare Princess to Carnival but I have found a standard size Balcony cabin tends to run smaller then Royal Caribbean. Princess includes the balcony in their overall size. a Standard size E-1 Balcony cabin is around 178 sq ft + 46 for the balcony, while princess could be smaller. it will depends on the category. A D-1 will be 200 + balcony while Princess could be 217 including the balcony. Again it will depend on the Category.

To make it easy, the standard balcony rooms on Princess usually have room for one chair and on Carnival, there is a couch. So, yes, I feel like the cabin design has more room on Carnival as that chair on Princess is pretty much worthless.