Deluxe Cabanas CocoCay - Map & #s

I have looked on cc and searched the wonderful web to try and find an up to date map of the Deluxe Cabanas on CocaCay.

Any recent Cabana dwellers have info on the way they are numbered and assigned.

And any other useful tips.

Some images show 13 Cabanas all in one nice curve facing the beach, other images show them back to back with some facing rocks and others facing beach.

I found a map showing there location, but no indication of #s

TIA

CbatSea, before you reply, I know there are no bad Cabanas, and there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas elsewhere.😉

I have looked on cc and searched the wonderful web to try and find an up to date map of the Deluxe Cabanas on CocaCay.

Any recent Cabana dwellers have info on the way they are numbered and assigned.

And any other useful tips.

Some images show 13 Cabanas all in one nice curve facing the beach, other images show them back to back with some facing rocks and others facing beach.

I found a map showing there location, but no indication of #s

TIA

CbatSea, before you reply, I know there are no bad Cabanas, and there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas elsewhere.😉

The cabanas all face the water but there are 2rows of them staggered.... so everyone has a water view, if that makes sense. I will try to find a picture to post from when we were there in March.

Sorry to highjack your thread, but I was just going to post a new message, that kind of falls in line with this one.

DD and I are going to Cococay in November. Trying to decide between a Deluxe Cabana and a Bungalow. We've had a Bungalow before and like it. Because it was on the beach where there's no water at low tide, it seemed a bit quieter.

Where are the Cabanas located? We've only ever had a Cabana in Labadee.

Sorry to highjack your thread, but I was just going to post a new message, that kind of falls in line with this one.

DD and I are going to Cococay in November. Trying to decide between a Deluxe Cabana and a Bungalow. We've had a Bungalow before and like it. Because it was on the beach where there's no water at low tide, it seemed a bit quieter.

Where are the Cabanas located? We've only ever had a Cabana in Labadee.

We have done both also Would do either but we LOVE the Cabana! Normally travel with my Husband and mom. The kids are all grown and we really just want to lay on our loungers, soak up the sun and relax on our mats in the water (maybe do some snorkeling if we bring our gear with us).... not be bothered by masses of people and of course eat and have cool beverages... lol. The cabanas are down by the wave runners, out on a small piece of beach that sticks out from the regular beach, to the left of where u go in for snorkeling . It’s a private area with a roped off swimming area- some cool small fish swimming all over. If you go past the roped off area you are in the snorkeling area. So only people there are ones that have cabanas or suite guests. There is a private BBQ lunch and bar in that area also. You would think it would be noisy but it’s NOT. Best secluded place on coco cay in our opinion! This is my one must reserve item for going to coco cay! If you liked the bungalow, you will fall in love with the cabana. The only downside to being here is you have to walk back up by the main beach to use the bathroom which is a few minutes to get to. Other than that you won’t be sorry!

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the info and pics PompeySailor.  We have booked a cabana for our Feb. cruise and this was just what I needed to see to confirm my decision!  

Can you tell me how far of a walk is it to the nearest bar?  And how was the "upgraded" buffet?

Thanks again

You are welcome

Bar is 20ft from Cabana #8

Upgraded buffet we had at 11:30 right next to bar with tables and chairs under umbrellas if you choose to eat there.

We took our food back to the Cabana

The choice of food the time we were there

Grilled Steak, Seafood skewers, BBQ chicken, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Pastas, and Salad items.

and fall off the bone BBQ Ribs, yum yum

dessert consisted of Fresh Fruit skewers drizzled in Chocolate

I will find more pics of entrance, bar location etc for you 😉

96FC68D3-18E2-47D4-8FD7-9E2258CD687B.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

The entrance you will see in the pics, Cabana #8 on the end and the bar and buffet behind all the blue chairs for suite guests.

be prepared to swim with a lot of fish, we had the opportunity to see a varied amount of fish and rays just in the roped off area.

snorkel gear for 2, quite a walk to get, but Cabana shuttle will take you there, 4 1L bottles of Evian water chilled in ice bucket ( ice water comes in useful for washing the sand off of your feet)

2 Floating mats also provided

DO NOT TAKE TOWELS, these are provided for you in Cabana.

and lastly, cotton wool sand underfoot, no need for flip flops, lovely and fluffy

458E7ED4-A4E4-40DF-A03B-EB9A9FF48300.jpeg

64101EAD-84A6-4323-AC37-E5145ECF2040.jpeg

1EAE7C38-2698-4576-9377-CE0BA23FFC1A.jpeg

75867868-AA02-412D-8865-BEF9E9DFE6E5.jpeg

1E8C3D31-71F3-41E2-B342-17C6B64EC65C.jpeg

30B1B786-0E04-40ED-A795-D69DC9486B2D.jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, maloned said:

If we rent a Cabana for 6-people, can other friends visit us at the cabana?  Or are only the 6-people allowed?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

What would be the point of limiting the number of guests in a cabana if any number of friends can stop by?

Our experience has been that the cabana guests get wristbands and the crewmembers check for those wristbands in order for people to get to the cabana area.

• Like 1

Just to confirm. Are these the Chill Island Cabanas that are part of the Perfect Day at Coco Cay? That’s what I bought for a cruise this late November (2019). Does any one know if they were upgraded from before Perfect Day? Assuming all things remain the same, can you only reserve specific numbered cabanas only once on board? P.S. cruise planner says up to eight guests at one time.

Edited by FLgemini