Availability of tours at port in Kotor

Karysa

Has anyone booked a tour while in Kotor. I would like to see Perast, Budva and Kotor. How easy is it to find a private taxi/tour at the port to visit these towns? I have found threads and websites that mention pre booked tours but I am hoping to find one at the pier for this particular stop and I am looking forward to hearing from other cc members who did the same!:)

We were in Kotor in 2016.

When we walked through the port area, there were several vendors selling tours.

We eventually picked one that took us along the coast visiting Parest and other stops (sorry, can't remember names). It was a small open air bus. We just walked around Kotor when the tour was over.

I think there was a hop on hop off type tour that went to Parest and some beaches, not sure where else it stopped.

Hope you can find something that suits you.

We were in Kotor in 2016.

When we walked through the port area, there were several vendors selling tours.

We eventually picked one that took us along the coast visiting Parest and other stops (sorry, can't remember names). It was a small open air bus. We just walked around Kotor when the tour was over.

I think there was a hop on hop off type tour that went to Parest and some beaches, not sure where else it stopped.

Hope you can find something that suits you.

Thank you. The towns I was thinking of visiting are on the coast as well. I have a private tour that I have found for around $300 US for two. I was thinking that I may be able to get something similar at the port for $150-$200. I am more interested in having a driver that will take us to places with lovely views and having some free time in the towns than to have guided tours of each town which was included in the tour that I am considering.:)

• 3 weeks later...

We were just there and as we got off the ship, there were plenty of vendors vying for our business to take us on private tours. We had other, independent plans, so we didn’t give them any mind, but they were there in force.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Milo's website is beautiful and really entices you to see more of Montenegro! His prices seem very reasonable compared to other Med ports. For those of you that have used him, what is required for booking in terms of deposit, etc.? I can't seem to find any info on that on the website. I know I can send him a request and get that info, but just wondering who remembers. Thanks.

Has anyone booked a tour while in Kotor. I would like to see Perast, Budva and Kotor. How easy is it to find a private taxi/tour at the port to visit these towns? I have found threads and websites that mention pre booked tours but I am hoping to find one at the pier for this particular stop and I am looking forward to hearing from other cc members who did the same!:)

We have just returned from a cruise stopping in Kotor last week. We booked a private tour with M Tours. Mladen the owner picked us up and drove us to the areas you want to visit. had time for a lunch stop at the beach. Mladen goes with you to the main sights and will give you some history and insight to the Montenegro life.

His rates are reasonable and will custom build your schedule.

You can find out from his website http://www.mtours.me or email him at info@mtours.me

Took the "Short Day Tour" with Dimitrije and Mont Travelers and it was one of the better tours I've been on. On-time pick-up at the hotel in Kotor, and from there we proceeded in his clean car up and down the coast, visiting some of the most gorgeous sights you've ever seen. What made the tour especially great was his personality, sense of humor, and the ease in which conversations flowed... it never seemed forced. He provided context and history (but not too much!), and interesting observations about the country and the beautiful area. It was great getting to know him... he loves what he does, and it shows. If I return to Montenegro, I will definitely contact him for arrangements.

Took the "Short Day Tour" with Dimitrije and Mont Travelers and it was one of the better tours I've been on. On-time pick-up at the hotel in Kotor, and from there we proceeded in his clean car up and down the coast, visiting some of the most gorgeous sights you've ever seen. What made the tour especially great was his personality, sense of humor, and the ease in which conversations flowed... it never seemed forced. He provided context and history (but not too much!), and interesting observations about the country and the beautiful area. It was great getting to know him... he loves what he does, and it shows. If I return to Montenegro, I will definitely contact him for arrangements.

Glad to hear this, we will be there in October on a cruise and have the short day tour booked with him and added Our Lady of the Rocks. Nice to hear you enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I am so glad you mentioned Mont Travelers agency. We did a tour with Marko and that was one of the best tours we ever had. Marko was so friendly and he is so dedicated to what he is doing and he loves his country. We were so excited about visiting this small sunny country so he decides to add some extra photo stops which were with beautiful breathtaking landscapes. We really appreciated they work so I highly recommend this agency to everybody.

Just called at Kotor and did a tour with http://djirtours.com which we were very happy with and can recommend. A taxi tour with a driver who spoke good English and was very pleasant. Gave us plenty of information, didn’t just drive.

I just wanted to add that this tour was booked online in advance, not on arrival at the port.

I made a reservation with the HOHO bus in kotor and was able to get onboard right at Port, it was a great value for 20€ and very educational. The price included Evans to a museum in Perast. We took a boat to our Lady of the Rock church (not included in price) and spent time swimming in one the the local beaches! It was amazing and the views coming in to Port and driving around were amazing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...
On 8/29/2018 at 7:51 AM, Kat01843 said:

I made a reservation with the HOHO bus in kotor and was able to get onboard right at Port, it was a great value for 20€ and very educational. The price included Evans to a museum in Perast. We took a boat to our Lady of the Rock church (not included in price) and spent time swimming in one the the local beaches! It was amazing and the views coming in to Port and driving around were amazing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I just booked the HOHO tour for Kotor. Thanks for making me aware of this great option.