Need excursion suggestions for Salerno, Italy, Crete, Corfu, Kotor , and Myknos

We will be on Emerald next June , and while researching princess excursions so far not impressed with some of the excursions in these ports .

Any suggestions for Salerno. Been to Pompeii so would like more of a comprehensive Almafi COAST TOUR.

how about Kotor , Montenegro. And Corfu and Crete?

Has anyone been left behind from a non ship tour .

Can only assist with Kotor which my family and I visited. Small picturesque port, mostly

a place to walk around and relax. We hadn’t done any research so we decided to use

Tours by Milo and it was excellent. Highly recommended. During the tour we also

visited Budva and Perast. So beautiful!

We will be on Emerald next June , and while researching princess excursions so far not impressed with some of the excursions in these ports .

Any suggestions for Salerno. Been to Pompeii so would like more of a comprehensive Almafi COAST TOUR.

Just returned from an Azamara trip stopping in Kotor. We used a private tour by M Tours Montenegro. Mladen the owner picked us up and drove us to the main stops in a new Mercedes. He is a great guide full of information and history. Strongly recommend his service. Very Reasonable pricing as well easily beat the Ship tour and was more informative and pleasant.

If you have energy and no serious mobility issues, you can wander around old town Kotor on your own and then climb the 1500 stairs up to the fortress for some beautiful views. It costs 3 euros (paid to the man at the bottom of the stairs) to go up. Along the way you would probably find several individuals selling bottled water. The way up is a slog, but well worth it. View is gorgeous and the beer afterwards, at one of the cute little cafes in old town, is delicious! We are in our mid 60s and my husband had bypass surgery 5 years ago and we were able to make it up, so it's not that hard.

If you have energy and no serious mobility issues, you can wander around old town Kotor on your own and then climb the 1500 stairs up to the fortress for some beautiful views. It costs 3 euros (paid to the man at the bottom of the stairs) to go up. Along the way you would probably find several individuals selling bottled water. The way up is a slog, but well worth it. View is gorgeous and the beer afterwards, at one of the cute little cafes in old town, is delicious! We are in our mid 60s and my husband had bypass surgery 5 years ago and we were able to make it up, so it's not that hard.
Thanks for the update. I think I'll give it a try!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Hi, I already recommend Mont Travelers (http://www.monttravelers.com) and Dimitrije as a guide in one of the threads but I will try to say my story again and give you more material for thinking about your day in Kotor :)

Our group had a wonderful tour with Demitrije. We went to the Medieval Fort in Budva and the beautiful drive up to the top of the mountain. There we had a light meal with beer and wine. We had a beautiful drive down the coast, as well. He was very knowledgeable about the history and culture of the area. Kotor and the area is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I was very pleased with our tour.

We highly recommend this agency as one of the best we ever had.

For the first time, we took a ship's excursion in Salerno. We took the Pompeii tour on Princess. Our guide was amazing. Most of the other ports, we just did out own thing. We took the city bus to Paradise beach in Mykonos. We also did the speed boat tour in Kotor with Montenegro Submarine & Speedboat Tour. They have stands along the warf. Ended up being a private tour to the islands and then Perast. Highly recommend.