Tropicana on our own

Lorey2007

We plan to do the Tropicana on our own. Anyone who has done so how early should I purchase tickets on line? Our trip is not until May, I have trip insurance to cover air fare & cruise but not sure if it would cover Tropicana if I purchased now and later had to cancel. I'm planning on getting the premium tickets but want to make sure I get them early enough that they are still available.

I don't think you need to worry about those premium tickets selling out months in advance. I just did a mock booking for 4 premium tickets for next week with no problem.

Thanks I didn't think of doing a mock booking. I just did one and picked a date when there were 2 ships in port on 11-16 and the tickets were available. I'll wait until I make final payment which I believe is 90 days from sail date.

• 2 weeks later...
We plan to do the Tropicana on our own.... I'm planning on getting the premium tickets but want to make sure I get them early enough that they are still available.

Could you please post some brief info about Tropicana, how do you do it on your own, and what are premium tickets?

Thank you very much.

John

You can find information here: https://www.cabaret-tropicana.com/en/

There are three price ranges for tickets. From what I have read (I will see for myself, hopefully, in 4 days), the seats are more expensive up front, but it may be harder to take in the full effect. You can buy the tickets online ahead of time, or just show up and purchase tickets. You can take a cab there and back for about 25 cuc each way. Or- if you have arranged a private tour, you can ask if they would also do your transportation to Tropicana.

Since there is a very high chance of rain at this time of year, I am not buying tickets until the day of. I read on tripadvisor reviews that if it rains, it moves indoors- which is very cramped and not as pleasant as the outdoor venue. So I will skip the Tropicana if it is raining. The tickets are pricey enough that I don't want to buy them "just in case."

You can find information here: https://www.cabaret-tropicana.com/en/

There are three price ranges for tickets. From what I have read (I will see for myself, hopefully, in 4 days), the seats are more expensive up front, but it may be harder to take in the full effect. You can buy the tickets online ahead of time, or just show up and purchase tickets. You can take a cab there and back for about 25 cuc each way. Or- if you have arranged a private tour, you can ask if they would also do your transportation to Tropicana.

Since there is a very high chance of rain at this time of year, I am not buying tickets until the day of. I read on tripadvisor reviews that if it rains, it moves indoors- which is very cramped and not as pleasant as the outdoor venue. So I will skip the Tropicana if it is raining. The tickets are pricey enough that I don't want to buy them "just in case."

Please post back when you return your experience showing up purchasing tickets and your thoughts on the show. Enjoy your cruise.

I ended up buying the tickets two days in advance on the recommendation of Blexie (he said they frequently sell out to cruise ships). Probably because we were on a relatively small ship and were the only ship in port, our particular show was not sold out.

We bought the mid-level ($85) tickets. But- honestly- I did not see a seat in the house that would have offered a worse view than I had (I was near the side at the end of a table where many tall people were blocking my view). There were a few open seats and a woman at my table switched to a nearby location with a better view. I spoke with someone who sat right up front and loved being there.

I will say that the show did not start until 10pm and I would have been absolutely miserable if I had waited as far in advance as the cruise ship arrived. We arrived just before 9:30 and that was fine. My husband and I are not huge musical/dance fans and probably would have been fine with about a 45 minute show rather than a show of 1 hour, 45 minutes. But- I really should not have booked this for us knowing that to be the case. I did enjoy seeing the venue and the spectacle. My husband would have been happier sitting on the ship (or just walking around old town Havana).

• 2 weeks later...

Bought on Wednesday morning for a Thursday night show. There were people at the check-in buying tix on the night, and lots of empty seats around the edges of the theater, but only one ship in port that day. Our Blexie guide and driver took us there arriving about 9:00 and there was a line of taxis waiting afterwards to go back to the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums