Aqua vs Balcony On 14 Night Reflection for $700 price difference

taylortime05

I currently have a nice angled Aqua cabin (1605) on the reflection for 14 nights Dec 7th for 2 of us and final payment is this Saturday. I could downgrade to obstructed balcony cabin (6277) and save approx 700 keeping same perks. This is about 25 pp per night.

We've only sailed on Celebrity once on Eclipse in Concierge cabin. Is it worth 700 for Blu and Persian Gardens?

Appreciate your feedback.

Wow, you got your AQ cabin at a great price (at least I think so!) Do you mind sharing when you booked?

We've only taken a few Celebrity sailings and I'm still trying to get a feeling for when it's most ideal to book (as if there's a rhyme or rhythm to it...) anyway - I'd be grateful to know how long ago you booked. Thanks!

Wow, you got your AQ cabin at a great price (at least I think so!) Do you mind sharing when you booked?

We've only taken a few Celebrity sailings and I'm still trying to get a feeling for when it's most ideal to book (as if there's a rhyme or rhythm to it...) anyway - I'd be grateful to know how long ago you booked. Thanks!

I booked this while on board Eclipse Dec 2016. In Dec 2017 it went down couple hundred and I got price adjusted.

"Is it worth 700 for Blu and Persian Gardens?"

For who - you? Me? Someone else? Only you can decide if spending $700 for a specialty restrnt is worth it. For me, yes. For others, maybe not. Some love Aqua for Blu. Others say it's not worth it and just book a balcony. IMHO, only you can answer this question.

"Is it worth 700 for Blu and Persian Gardens?"

For who - you? Me? Someone else? Only you can decide if spending $700 for a specialty restrnt is worth it. For me, yes. For others, maybe not. Some love Aqua for Blu. Others say it's not worth it and just book a balcony. IMHO, only you can answer this question.

I don't know yet because I haven't tried Blu! I think I'm going to keep the Aqua so I will be able to tell you after the cruise if I think it was worth the extra money. We've been on 1 celebrity cruise in Concierge and we thought the food in the MDR was very good, so hopefully we think the same for Blu!

I'd keep Aqua for Blu!. When main dining is packed, Blu! was always welcoming. They would even offer the other menu if it had something I wanted. I never used the Persian Gardens, for me it was all fluff and no substance. I did like the cafe for a healthy breakfast.

No! I would not pay that for aqua. Aqua class is nice. I enjoyed it on my recent cruise. The difference between veranda and aqua was small. Less than $100 pp. if it had been more, we would have not booked it. There were many times when we wanted aquick breakfast and went to the buffet. Also, there were many times when we ordered from the MDR menu. Also, aqua class cabins can be in bad locations. Ours was on deck 11 with a lot of motion and an uncovered veranda. With your savings, go to a few specialty restaurants. You will come out way ahead.

In my opinion, $50 per night extra for the two to eat in BLU, have access to the Persian Gardens, is definitely worth it.

Agree. My price point for AQ is $25 to $30 pp/day depending on any other perks that may be involved. After that the price is aproaching a specialty dinner package. AQ also has other little perks than Blu and Persian Gardens that you don’t realized or notice until you don’t have them.

Personally for the upgrade from a obstructed regular veranda I would do it. If it was a 1A extra large balcony on the slant it would be a toss up. It is your money and if $700 is more than you initially wanted to pay than it may be a hard decision as a dollar here and a dollar can easily turn a $1000 cruise into a $3000 cruise considering all of the other expenses involved.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Lots of thumbs up from other responders for Blu, which I personally agree with, but I think the other question you must ask is "How much time do we plan to spend on our balcony?"

If it's a lovely day, we are out on our balcony morning, noon, and night. For us, the nice balcony that you are currently holding is a huge asset over the obstructed view. What about you?

Most Aqua cabins are in the worse locations on the ship, many under the leisure deck which are renown for noise. If you you are choosing an Aqua cabin just to eat in Blue, think again as you could eat in Murano every night for $672 for a couple ($24/pp/pn). Only you can decide which is more important to you or just pocket the saving. Which ever you decide I am sure you will enjoy, just get up early to reserve your sun bed on sea days.

Edited by mickey89

Angled midships balc ...with footrests, versus obstructed view on a lower deck for a long cruise..

plus BLU, Persian Gardens, upgraded shower, more cap club points, perks...

Hope you kept the AQ class...

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked for 7 day Christmas 2018 Cruise on Reflection Cabin 1625. We live in South Florida so are good with a shade blocking over hang. But as this is my first cruise and I am very concerned about quiet and Blu with the Persian Gardens. Anyone have experience with that Cabin and concerns? Thank you in advance for your help :cool::cool:

We are booked for 7 day Christmas 2018 Cruise on Reflection Cabin 1625. We live in South Florida so are good with a shade blocking over hang. But as this is my first cruise and I am very concerned about quiet and Blu with the Persian Gardens. Anyone have experience with that Cabin and concerns? Thank you in advance for your help :cool::cool:

Hi - I will cruising on Reflection first time this December so can't offer any input. However, you would probably get more responses to your question if you posted a separate post. My original post has been out there for over month so people may have already looked at it and do not even see your question.

There are two entries for cabin 1625 in the “S-Class Cabin Information Compilation” available as the second pinned thread of this forum. Both entries note the cabin as “Very Quiet”, with one also noting “Suites not public space above”.

I know that lots of cruisers enjoy specialty restaurants, but personally I enjoy Blu or Luminae. Specialty restaurants are a good choice for a few nights on a long cruise. I do not care for the decor in Luminae, but enjoy it in Blu, especially when eating early and having a choice of seats. Having a great waiter makes all the difference no matter where I eat. He can make or break the experience! So, I make sure those things are to my liking and the rest usually works out just fine ... but that is me and my experiences with Celebrity...do everything you can to ensure a great cruise...cabins can be researched and waiters once onboard...We opt for A2’s due to location and amount of cover on balcony. My favorite cabins are S1 corner afts, but they can be pricey...so enjoy and see the glass half full!! Just do your homework! CC is a wonderful tool...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance