Bayonne 2020

cruiserdudebobby8

Rumors, wait until Nov/Dec for the release of the new itineraries

S class are bigger than M class, they are struggling to fill the Summit the biggest problem would be with a class S boat.

For my cruise on October 7, there are still Aqua and Concierge cabins that are not sold, they are offering and they do not even sell them.

Rumors, wait until Nov/Dec for the release of the new itineraries

S class are bigger than M class, they are struggling to fill the Summit the biggest problem would be with a class S boat.

For my cruise on October 7, there are still Aqua and Concierge cabins that are not sold, they are offering and they do not even sell them.

I'm surprised that they are struggling to fill Summit for a Canada/NE cruise out of NJ. It usually books fast and sails full. Maybe there have been some of the usual cancellations near final payment date.

Have thought about cruising out of Bayonne because it would be very convenient - live in NJ. However, the condition of the Summit (reported on cc) has made me NOT book on this ship. If it was an S class ship, we wouldn’t hesitate to book to Bermuda or Canada. I think the S class ship would fill up quickly.

Have thought about cruising out of Bayonne because it would be very convenient - live in NJ. However, the condition of the Summit (reported on cc) has made me NOT book on this ship. If it was an S class ship, we wouldn’t hesitate to book to Bermuda or Canada. I think the S class ship would fill up quickly.

Ditto.

We have been on the Summit in the past two Julys (2017 and 2018) to Bermuda, and both times the ship was pretty booked. Also, we have never had any problems with the Summit. Could there be a tear in the carpet, a little rust on the balcony, etc., sure. Would that ever ruin my vacation, or cause me to criticize Celebrity, absolutely NOT. I agree that the prices out of Bayonne on the Summit are steeper than the Caribbean cruises, but for us, the savings in flights/hotels even them out. That said, we are booked on the Summit in early December for a S. Caribbean cruise because the price, with Go Best, was amazing. Smooth sailing everyone.

We have been on the Summit in the past two Julys (2017 and 2018) to Bermuda, and both times the ship was pretty booked. Also, we have never had any problems with the Summit.

Agree. We have sailed Summit every year since 2011, twice a year since 2013. Are there spots that are worn or rusty, yes but everything is always clean and the service and crew are wonderful. Not to mention the 14 night New England / Canada cruise is the best itinerary.

Agree. We have sailed Summit every year since 2011, twice a year since 2013. Are there spots that are worn or rusty, yes but everything is always clean and the service and crew are wonderful. Not to mention the 14 night New England / Canada cruise is the best itinerary.

Ditto..

The ship is in fine shape. We have been on the ship 15 times since 2010, the most recent this last May. The ship has some age, but don't let that stop you. It is impeccably clean. A little rust on balcony corners or ceilings has to be expected on a vessel that has been in service since 2001.

We have been on the Summit in the past two Julys (2017 and 2018) to Bermuda, and both times the ship was pretty booked. Also, we have never had any problems with the Summit. Could there be a tear in the carpet, a little rust on the balcony, etc., sure. Would that ever ruin my vacation, or cause me to criticize Celebrity, absolutely NOT. I agree that the prices out of Bayonne on the Summit are steeper than the Caribbean cruises, but for us, the savings in flights/hotels even them out. That said, we are booked on the Summit in early December for a S. Caribbean cruise because the price, with Go Best, was amazing. Smooth sailing everyone.
I must come in as well, on our last sailing on The Summit in August, the ship was over 95% booked.

As were previous sailings this summer per crew members we spoke with.

I recommend that this be left as a rumor without basis, at the moment.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

The ship is in fine shape. We have been on the ship 15 times since 2010, the most recent this last May. The ship has some age, but don't let that stop you. It is impeccably clean. A little rust on balcony corners or ceilings has to be expected on a vessel that has been in service since 2001.

I agree and can’t wait for my next cruise on her next June after the rehab.

With three RCL ships sailing out of Cape Liberty in the summer, do they really need to swap in a ship with more capacity? I'd say with the Summit being Revolutionized, a newer ship would not be needed.
Which 3 ships?

Adventure, Anthem... Which one is the 3rd?

Their year-round competitors NCL have rotated in or will rotate all their new ships out of NY.

Always nice to have new ships/shows every year. Carnival seasonally has also brought a different ship each summer. Sounds like MSC and Disney will have larger NY presence too so Royal/celebrity need to shake up their NY deployment to keep it fresh.

Personally we have been on the Anthem and Summit multiple times and don’t want the same product again when we continue to have other new options on other lines.

I think Anthem will be replaced with a very similar ship.

We loved Summit, especially Tpool, but are looking forward to S class.

Will MSC really be more present? Interesting..

I wonder if it will still be as international as in Florida.

Their year-round competitors NCL have rotated in or will rotate all their new ships out of NY.

Always nice to have new ships/shows every year. Carnival seasonally has also brought a different ship each summer. Sounds like MSC and Disney will have larger NY presence too so Royal/celebrity need to shake up their NY deployment to keep it fresh.

Personally we have been on the Anthem and Summit multiple times and don’t want the same product again when we continue to have other new options on other lines.

Believe Royal is pretty satisfied with the current alignment. Because of it's all-season features Anthem stays in NJ year-round. Adventure provides additional capacity during warmer months and Summit handles the Bermuda and Canada runs. So long as bookings are strong why change? Rather than a new ship would prefer to see some innovative itineraries.

Believe Royal is pretty satisfied with the current alignment. Because of it's all-season features Anthem stays in NJ year-round. Adventure provides additional capacity during warmer months and Summit handles the Bermuda and Canada runs. So long as bookings are strong why change? Rather than a new ship would prefer to see some innovative itineraries.

Agree with the hope for innovative itineraries but tough to do much different in 7 days from NY.

MSC is supposed to bring the Meraviglia up in 2020 for at least the summer after a few longer cruises in 2019. Sailed on the Seaside and we agree that they still have some progress to make an appealing product to a broad American audience.