Concierge vs aqua on Millennium

Erikamac

talking my parents on a med cruise next year. We always book concierge class...thinking about aqua since it's only $200 more.unless you do deck 11 which I wouldn't. Are the extras worth it. We've never sailed Millennium only solstice class.. (Also are some of the rooms.bigger than others it looks that way on the deck plan when I look at concierge. Thanks

Aqua & Concierge cabins are the same size. I’m not aware of any cabins in either class that are larger than the others others. There are some balconies that are larger the most.

The number 1 reason many people book Aqua Class is to have Blu as their assigned dining room. Much smaller than the MDR, quieter & better service. AQ also includes access to the Persian Garden in the Spa.

Make sure you don’t book one Aqua and one Concierge, you cannot eat in Blu unless you are in AQ or a suite. If in AQ, Blu is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat in MDR. This is one rule they absolutely enforce. Aqua gives you Blu which is the main reason to book it. If prices are about the same go for Aqua, well worth it.

Blu is select dining for all, eat whenever you want.

Figure that AQ is worth no more than $25/day pp on a M class just because of Blu. Any more than that and you can dine in a specialty restuarant.

We have actually found that breakfast in the MDR serves the same assortment of breakfast danishes, rolls and muffins and the same juices. The service is just as good and the menu has more.

Most of the extra perks associated with AQ and CC are about the same and are mostly useless fluff to make the cabin appear to be worth paying extra for.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yeah I know...I do like the priority embarkation and debarkation that comes with concierge and aq... I realize the rest is fluff

That is also a lot of BS. Everyone has a priority of some kind and that is you will be next in line. The dining is the biggest joke. I think the only one that gets the real priority and treatment are those in the Royal suites and above or Zenith.

All suites, all AQ, all CC, plus all select and above in the Captains Club have those priorities. Doesn’t exclude very many except for first time cruisers in the other categories.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

talking my parents on a med cruise next year. We always book concierge class...thinking about aqua since it's only $200 more.unless you do deck 11 which I wouldn't. Are the extras worth it. We've never sailed Millennium only solstice class.. (Also are some of the rooms.bigger than others it looks that way on the deck plan when I look at concierge. Thanks

If you are saying that you would not book an A1 on Deck 11 only because of the additional cost relative to an A2 on deck 9; be aware that your loyalty upgrade would get you an A1 at the A2 fare.

Make sure you don’t book one Aqua and one Concierge, you cannot eat in Blu unless you are in AQ or a suite. If in AQ, Blu is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat in MDR. This is one rule they absolutely enforce. Aqua gives you Blu which is the main reason to book it. If prices are about the same go for Aqua, well worth it.

Blu is select dining for all, eat whenever you want.

Well, not "absolutely enforce" as we very easily changed from Blu to the MDR last year on Summit. We decided to try Aqua so that we could eat in Blu. It was not a good fit for us at all. Tables for 2 were virtually 2 inches away from the table beside you. The service was good, but painfully slow. The food was okay, but really not any better than in the MDR, just presented with more flair, in our opinion. After 2 nights, we asked to be moved to the MDR for the rest of the cruise and they said not a problem, they just wanted us to be happy. We did so, and we were very satisfied with our decision. Not everyone loves Blu. Edited by Lady Arwen
spelling

One of things that we love about the Aqua room is the complimentary access to the Persian Garden located inside the Spa. Yes I know that the Millennium class does not have the same view as the Solstice class but those heated seats and steam rooms are still great. The Millennium is going through a 'Edge Revolution' in February 2019 so I am hoping that they will add/change some things in the Spa area. We are sailing on the Millennium on March 2019 after the changes and I am looking forward to seeing the changes through out the ship. Concerning Blu, we like it and think that the food is better than the MDR. We especially like having breakfast in Blu. For the price difference I would go with the Aqua room.

Yes, absolutely worth it!

BLU is the reason. Much nicer ambiance, more quiet and more personal service.

We did one single cruise not in Aqua (on Millennium) and found the MDR so hectic and loud in comparison that we even prefered the buffet on some nights.

When we took our parents on a cruise it was also in Aqua and BLU after they had done another cruise and dined in the MDR. They loved BLU for the same reasons - less hectic and not as loud.

For us AQ changes the whole feeling of the cruise.

Concierge, on the other hand, was never worth a thought for us. The extras don´t pull us...

Regarding the staterooms: I´d prefer the ones on deck 11 on M-class. No difference in price for Captain´s Club members.

Well, not "absolutely enforce" as we very easily changed from Blu to the MDR last year on Summit. We decided to try Aqua so that we could eat in Blu. It was not a good fit for us at all. Tables for 2 were virtually 2 inches away from the table beside you. The service was good, but painfully slow. The food was okay, but really not any better than in the MDR, just presented with more flair, in our opinion. After 2 nights, we asked to be moved to the MDR for the rest of the cruise and they said not a problem, they just wanted us to be happy. We did so, and we were very satisfied with our decision. Not everyone loves Blu.

I agree regarding the distance between the tables. I hate it when the Elite Afternoon Tea is served in Blu as I feel like I’m sitting on the person’s lap next to me and eating off their plate. The last time, a gentleman actually asked me if I wanted his leftover scone :eek:! Far too close for my liking of personal space.

We all know why Aqua class was introduced. Just the same as the S3 suites on Edge - bet the member of staff whose idea it was initially got a wonderful bonus :D.

• 1 month later...

We're going on an Alaskan cruise on Millennium in June, 2019 in an Aqua room on deck 11. We are sailing South from Seward and could not get Aft - what side is better? Does anyone know exactly what they are going to refurbish on the ship and when?   I heard it was supposed to be like the Edge not the Solstice brand?