b2b room change?

weregoingcruising

What time do they help you change cabins? Which cabin stewart helps you? Do you have access to your cabin then on?(before 1pm)

My direct experience is of only 1 b2b last month so others have tons more for sure! But mine was pretty much in keeping with what I've read on here:

I packed things that were not hanging in the closet. I left the closet things hanging. The cabin attendant/butler in the cabin you're leaving takes care of the move, or did in my case. The next to last day of the first leg I did go and introduce myself to the "new" cabin attendant.

As soon we'd come thru the Customs/Immigration stuff ( Miami) we were handed our new seapasses. Because the ship was empty I used this a time to meet with Future Cruise rep and then headed up to see if my cabin was ready. It was,with the closet nice and full of my things, so I unpacked what little was in the suitcases and then went down to lunch in the MDR. B2Bers were included in the concierge lunch.

The whole experience was fantastic--Very well organized and about as quick as humanly possible.

We have always left our things in the cabin and go off the ship for the day. When we return we pick up our new sea pass and go o our new cabin and our things are there. You don’t need to be there for them to move you.

I know the hanging stuff is easily transferred, but w

hat do you do with all the toiletries, stuff in the drawers, carry on and stuff in the safe. ?

What time do they help you change cabins? Which cabin stewart helps you? Do you have access to your cabin then on?(before 1pm)

X makes a meeting for the B2B's, there they will explain the procedure that has already been commented.

Bon Voyage

X makes a meeting for the B2B's, there they will explain the procedure that has already been commented.

Bon Voyage

We generally do B2B or B2B2B sets, and have found that there may or may not be a meeting. But there will definitely be a succint instruction letter explaining the process delivered to your stateroom before the turnaround day.

I know the hanging stuff is easily transferred, but w

hat do you do with all the toiletries, stuff in the drawers, carry on and stuff in the safe. ?

You will need to empty and pack everything except hanging clothes. As for the contents in your safe ..take it with you. Your new cabin needs to be stripped and cleaned before your belongings are taken there

You will need to empty and pack everything except hanging clothes. As for the contents in your safe ..take it with you. Your new cabin needs to be stripped and cleaned before your belongings are taken there

That's what I figured, turnaround is Barcelona, not the safest port to have all that stuff from the safe with you. Hopefully I will be able to secure the same cabin both times.

That's what I figured, turnaround is Barcelona, not the safest port to have all that stuff from the safe with you. Hopefully I will be able to secure the same cabin both times.

I did turn around in Barcelona. If you leave the ship for the day late enough you should be able to access your safe . We did. We had to leave during regular disembark time and were not allowed back until the new cruise opened. There were 2 different procedures to choose from . We chose to leave for the day and had our new cards the night before . Just had to stop at security for pics. The others met as a group and went off and on tog. to get processed

Edited by gold1953

The steward from your first cabin takes your belongings. They must communicate with the new one to see when it is ready. They should do these first . Our guy let the new guy know the day before. Even though our things were not moved and the cabin not cleaned they let us use the safe. then we left for the day

Even if you change cabins, you should not need to carry any valuables around in Barcelona with you.

We like to contact the stateroom attendant for the new cabin a day or two before the end of the first cruise, introduce ourselves, and ask him/her to call our cabin on the turnaround day and leave us a voicemail message to let us know when the previous occupants have vacated the cabin.

We explain that we only want early access to the safe, even before the room is cleaned.

It has never been a problem, and we have done lots of B2Bs.

(One time the stateroom attendant in the new cabin was leaving at the end of that cruise, but even then, they notified his replacement and it all went smoothly.)

Another thing we do is ask our regular stateroom attendant for a large bag (the kind they use for laundry) and we dump all our shoes into it, so we don't need to pack shoes. The "shoe bag" just rides on the trolley that they use for the transfer.

We learned long ago that the fastest and easiest way to move belongings (at least for us) is to dump the contents of each individual drawer or shelf into its own large, clear plastic bag.

Some passengers like to use packing cubes, but we found that we prefer to use clear plastic bags instead.

All those bags then get packed in our suitcases, which have plenty of room since we leave as much clothing as possible on hangers in the closet.

When unpacking at the new cabin, each bag goes directly from the suitcase to the corresponding drawer or shelf, so there is no need to carry individual loose items back and forth.

I think that most passengers who have done a number of cabin changes on B2Bs figure out which moving method works best for them, taking ideas from this person and from that one, and then fine tuning the process to suit themselves.