** Best beach to go to**

Dalton51

I don't have the foggiest idea, and could care less.

The beach is awesome, they're maybe seaweed it's the ocean, as far as "a problem with seaweed" I've never heard of such nonsense. If anyone has "a problem with seaweed" I would recommend them staying on the ship and staying in they're cabin. Really, if you have "a problem with seaweed" I would stay on the ship and never leave my cabin. Take care Todd

Now that was uncalled for! I think the question about seaweed is very valid when you're gonna spend some hard earned money on going to a place to have a relaxing beach day only to arrive and find the whole beach covered in seaweed. Yes, as a matter of fact, there has been a "seaweed" problem all over the Caribbean islands, especially on the Atlantic Sea side of the islands (like where the St. Kitts Marriott is located). That seaweed is Sargasso and it arrives en mass clogging access to the water and stinking up the place real bad when it starts to decompose if not collected and disposed of by the resort or local authorities. I know of very popular beaches here in Puerto Rico that have shut down for weeks or months due to this. I'm guessing that if you reacted in this unsympathetic way is because you've never had to dealt with this type of inconvenience.

Now that was uncalled for! I think the question about seaweed is very valid when you're gonna spend some hard earned money on going to a place to have a relaxing beach day only to arrive and find the whole beach covered in seaweed. Yes, as a matter of fact, there has been a "seaweed" problem all over the Caribbean islands, especially on the Atlantic Sea side of the islands (like where the St. Kitts Marriott is located). That seaweed is Sargasso and it arrives en mass clogging access to the water and stinking up the place real bad when it starts to decompose if not collected and disposed of by the resort or local authorities. I know of very popular beaches here in Puerto Rico that have shut down for weeks or months due to this. I'm guessing that if you reacted in this unsympathetic way is because you've never had to dealt with this type of inconvenience.

Very well said. It isn't a slight seaweed issue, it is significant and would impact greatly if you've planned a nice beach day. The website is still reporting that there is still a problem.

Easy homes!! So let me get this right your going to tell the vacationers at the St. Kitts Marriott a resort that on a yearly basis is either at capacity or "sold out" altogether. Many of which are swimming in the ocean, your going to tell them that's there's a seaweed problem, they should stay out of the water or shouldn't be in the water or something like that??

Hmmmm sounds to me like somebody's been out on the island a bit too long. Good luck on that, hopefully see you there in Dec., I'll be there, if we run into one another I'll buy you one, and we'll debate seaweed, looking forward to it. Take care Todd

Easy homes!! So let me get this right your going to tell the vacationers at the St. Kitts Marriott a resort that on a yearly basis is either at capacity or "sold out" altogether. Many of which are swimming in the ocean, your going to tell them that's there's a seaweed problem, they should stay out of the water or shouldn't be in the water or something like that??

Hmmmm sounds to me like somebody's been out on the island a bit too long. Good luck on that, hopefully see you there in Dec., I'll be there, if we run into one another I'll buy you one, and we'll debate seaweed, looking forward to it. Take care Todd

Amen to you. They made it sound like a landfill... without actually knowing the conditions.

Unbeknown to you, I work in the Hospitality/gaming industry here in PR since 1994 and have some knowledge about certain conditions that happen during certain parts of the year(s) or seasons. No.... hotels don't actively advertise whether or not certain amenities like for example, a beach, is undergoing any type of problems. But they DO so once you get to the property. Shady? Mehhh... maybe. But it's standard practice all over the industry. For example. Sand fleas. Do you see anything about sand fleas anywhere on a beachfront hotel's site saying anything about it? Nope... But once you're at the hotel, they either let you know upon check-in or by flyers or notifications in the room about it and most offer free bug repellent upon request. I know because all beachfront hotels here do so and so do other properties I have visited outside PR.

The fact that St. Kitts Marriott cleans their shoreline daily doesn't mean it's not e problem. No, it's not a dump or a landfill. But there might be still some seaweed in the water coming ashore. I truly hope you find everything immaculate once you arrive at the resort. So, enjoy your vacation!

I will not enter into a debate here. I'm here to help with hands-on, "been there" knowledge. Not to debate opinions. I respect yours and I have just said mine. Cheers!

The seaweed problem has been written about in major newspapers hear in the US. Wish I could remember where I read it so I could cite it for the doubting and snarky. It was in the last week or two that I read about it.

Glad you can't remember what "major newspaper "hear" in the US. you read it in(in the last week or two!!). So you don't have to "cite it for the doubting and snarky". We certainly don't need that. Thanks Todd!!

Glad you can't remember what "major newspaper "hear" in the US. you read it in(in the last week or two!!). So you don't have to "cite it for the doubting and snarky". We certainly don't need that. Thanks Todd!!

Feel free to read the link on #58 while you are waiting.

This, to me is a problem

2Q==

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2018 at 12:29 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

Looks beautiful. We visit in December and are looking to visit a beach or beach club. The Marriott is reporting a significant seaweed issue and we only want to visit a nice white sandy beach. We've looked at Park Hyatt, which is significantly more expensive, any reviews? any recomendations other than Cockleshell?

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. I will be on St. Kitts in late Jan off the Escape. I can't decide between S. Friars Bay and Cockleshell Beach. The ship is in port from 11-6, it is the last port before heading back to NYC. I'm hoping we have time. The ship's beach tour is to Frigate Bay, which I heard is extremely crowded and not that nice. Ahhhh decisions.