How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

Can someone explain to me how to post pictures on Cruise Critic?

1. Get a hosting site like Shutterfly or Photobucket

2. Upload your pictures there.

3. When your pix are there, bring one up on the site by itself. You can resize it, work with it if you want. Put your mouse pointer over it, right click to copy it.

4. Come to CC, and respond to a post, in the response, place your mouse pointer where you want the pic to appear, right click again, this time, paste it.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like some folks are achieving success. Great!! For others, here are my tips for posting larger photos to these boards.

Your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let us know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as these couple of pictures do below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these CC boards.

Below are a couple of my favorites that have been fun to share from last summer, plus links to others posted earlier. It's fun to share!

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 10,835 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

Since Venice is one of your key stops, you might look at this earlier posting that I did on the Italy board that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling the great history and architecture. This posting has now had over 15,490 views and I appreciate those who have dropped by and tuned in. Don’t be shy in sharing any questions or comments.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 107,584 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Don’t miss the sail-in and/or sail-out for Venice. This was our view from the top of the ship as we approached the historic center of Venice. On a beautiful day, as we enjoyed, this is so spectacular!!!:

VeniceSailInWider.jpg

This is a view of the historic Dubrovnik wall at an upward and outward point built on top of the rocks and where it overlooks the Adriatic Sea. Walking this wall is a wonderful and unique way to sample and see up close and personal what makes this city so special.:

DubrovWallWaterViews.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1. Get a hosting site like Shutterfly or Photobucket

2. Upload your pictures there.

3. When your pix are there, bring one up on the site by itself. You can resize it, work with it if you want. Put your mouse pointer over it, right click to copy it.

4. Come to CC, and respond to a post, in the response, place your mouse pointer where you want the pic to appear, right click again, this time, paste it.

Just figured out how to post a pic from Shutterfly, but most of my pictures are on snapfish .. will it work for that site.. can't figure it out .. Thanks

Just figured out how to post a pic from Shutterfly, but most of my pictures are on snapfish .. will it work for that site.. can't figure it out .. Thanks

It should work. You need to look for proper imbedded address as noted earlier and below:

FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Does this help? Good luck! THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 108,241 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have a picture on Shutterfly that I right clicked, copied, came here to paste and.......nothing :confused:

1. I went to SF, logged in to my account.

2. I went to "MY Shutterfly" selected one of my albums.

3. I then opened one of the pix, see below, moused over it, right clicked, selected copy, came here, replied to your post, and did a paste, and the picture posted.

ry%3D400

1. I went to SF, logged in to my account.

2. I went to "MY Shutterfly" selected one of my albums.

3. I then opened one of the pix, see below, moused over it, right clicked, selected copy, came here, replied to your post, and did a paste, and the picture posted.

ry%3D400

Thanks. Thanks exactly what I did :confused: I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I will play around and see what I can do.

A quick way to post an occasional picture is via tinypic dot com. You can upload an individual photo and specify it's for a message board. After you upload, just copy and paste the img code it gives you into the message text box here on cc. They also give you codes for websites and emails etc so be sure to use the img code for forums and message boards.

I learned about this several years ago right here on the photo board.

Here's a couple from St. Thomas and St. Martin that I just uploaded:

f1vzls.jpg

kb84dv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[html][code][quote][img=https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vVtZJrx2ook/UTYZSS_AoUI/AAAAAAAACpw/muPLIktYvvc/s640/863.JPG][/quote][/code]
[/html]

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vVtZJrx2ook/UTYZSS_AoUI/AAAAAAAACpw/muPLIktYvvc/s640/863.JPG