JVD - Large group

starfishee

The last two times we stopped on a cruise in Tortola, we took the Rebel Yell to Jost Van Dyke for the day. It looks as though she's currently out of commission based upon what i've read here on CC. I did send them a Facebook message as they've always been great about replying in the past. In the meantime, I feel that it is just wise for me to explore other options. We currently have a group of 13 cruising, it may go as high as 20. I am looking for either a power boat or a power catamaran that we could take to Jost. It can be private, or combined with other passengers. I have read through many posts here on CC (both good and bad) and have sent emails of inquiry out to a few that i've read about here (Aristocat, Bad Kitty & Patouche). Any others that you would recommend? Or avoid for that matter? Thanks a bunch!

That is a tough request for a large group. With that potentially large a group you will need to charter. Aristocat, Patouche, or others still in business are your best options. You've probably seen me mention TTOL as a good source for daysail operators, also check there.

You have a boatload!

Thanks Blue Water, unfortunately, you are correct. Tough request for a large group. I have reached out to those that you mentioned, and the cut off is usually 10-12 people. Either that or a small fortune! Yes, we do have a boatload! Thought about trying to get two boats, but I think it is just going to be easier to book the Rebel Yell through Norwegian. (which we have done twice and had a great time!)

Yes, but what a great day the RY yo Jost sounds like! Have a great time.

It certainly is! I was just hoping to get a few more stops in that just Jost! However, i'll spend the day at Jost and i'm 99.999999% certain that I will forget there were any other options. LOVE JOST!:cool::cool:<3

• 4 months later...
This thread was from Feb. It is now July is there any new charters up and running?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am curious as well as JVD does not show up as an excursion on our October cruise and I figure that is probably due to it having sold out already.....We are therefore looking into charters as well.

I’ve chartered twice with Sunshine Power Boats out of Tortola. I don’t think they have a vessel that will hold 20 but the 35’ Contender does hold at least 10. I thinking they have more than 1 boat. I’ve had great experiences in the past and currently have them booked for September. Malcolm is a fantastic captain. Can’t wait to see him again.

http://www.sunshinepowerboatsvi.com/