Sagrada Familia - proof of disability (Barcelona)

kokopelli-az

We understand that Sagrada Familia admission is free for people with disability levels of 65% or more and their companion. We would be two people: one person in a wheelchair and the other person pushing the wheelchair. What is needed to show a disability level of 65% or more? Or would we need any proof? (Staying in Barcelona pre-cruise.)

We understand that Sagrada Familia admission is free for people with disability levels of 65% or more and their companion. We would be two people: one person in a wheelchair and the other person pushing the wheelchair. What is needed to show a disability level of 65% or more? Or would we need any proof? (Staying in Barcelona pre-cruise.)

We visited La Sagrada Familia in 2014. I was in a wheelchair and was not asked for proof of disability.

I have one suggestion: Get there when it opens in the morning. The first time we attempted to see it, the line was 1 ½ to 2 hours long. The second time we were there when they opened and managed to get in with just a minimal line. I do not remember if we paid or not. We both were on mobility scooters.

Some other sites not well published are Palau de la Música, Park Guell, and Font Màgica de Montjuïc (The Magic Fountain). Look up Palau de la Musica on the internet. We made advance reservations. Definitely worth a visit. Park Guell, we took the metro to a nearby accessible stop and a bus the last few blocks. Returning to the metro was down hill. The Magic Fountain was not operating, thus we did not get to see it. One of the current ho ho buses does go to Park Guell.

Have a wonderful trip,

Betty

We prebooked our tickets, entrance is then around the back. We have a blue badge which is what we would have used if they’d have asked for any which they didn’t. My son isn’t in a wheelchair either he has an invisible disability.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The majority of museums throughout Europe offer these concessions to disabled visitors. I always take a government letter and copy of my EU disabled Blue Badge, but have never been asked to show any proof anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
If you look on the official Barcelona Tourist Board website you can book the free disabled tickets online at all the museums and attractions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is really helpful, thank you. The Palau de la Musica looks beautiful, I think we might 'do' that +/- the cathedral, I'm guessing we could get a taxi there from the cruise terminal?