African safari

n12s08

Hi can you tell me which company is better to accommodate a motorized wheelchair to do a safari in Africa. I cannot walk at all and I need to be lifted in a vehicle unless they would have a vehicle with a ramp which would permit me to stay in my motorized wheelchair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Google is your friend. Google safari and wheelchair. There are several companies that have wonderful options for you

One is access2africa but there are several good companies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While we havnt traveled with them yet, we have been researching African safari's as well. My son is medically complex and electrically dependent (bipap dependent, tube fed, O2 at night, etc) and the best company I have found is African Dream Safari. They even have said that for a wheelchair dependent client they literally carried the client up the stairs and took the chair up separately so it would be there when they got upstairs (when staying at a lodge that happened to have stairs). It is more pricey than many of the companies, but it is a private safari company (Tanzania/Serengeti) so you would go exactly where you want to go. From reading the MANY trip reports they had on their blog I was impressed with the safety and care they take with their clients. I dont know if that one would work for you or not, but it is the one we are planning on going with once I save up my $$. Just thought I would pass it on in case you are interested.