Planning cash/budgeting

TiogaCruiser

we leave in 3 weeks for SA. Will be doing 3 nights at the Falls (both sides) and staying 2 nights in BsAs.

I’m trying to estimate how much cash (Argentina pesos) to bring. I’m aware of the entrance fees, but am trying to guesstimate cash for meals and incidentals in BsAs and Iguazu. I will use my credit card, but am expecting to eat at a few smaller places too. I’ve heard food on the Argentine side in the park is expensive.

Can anyone with recent experience at the Falls and BsAs give me an idea/ range in Argentina pesos for meals?

Heip! i have been to 3 local commercial banks. they will not exchange for Argentine pesos. Every other currency, but ar.

Same here. You may have to exchange in Argentina. I found CXI near me that carries Argentina pesos at a reasonable rate. Chase no longer does. They did last year.

So more people might see your question, you might want to start a thread.

I was in BA and the falls just 2 yrs ago and am going back in 2019. In BA they took USA dollars in most places including taxis and restaurants. You need a bunch of small bills in that they don't make change with USA dollars. Credit cards were pretty much accepted. For places that are cash only we found ATMs. At the falls we had a full day tour. I think we paid the guide in dollars and he paid for everything in Argentine money. This was on the Argentine side. Didn't go to the Brazil side. But I may be wrong on that in that was a couple of yrs ago. I could not get Argentine money before we left. No one was selling that money.

I was in BA and the falls just 2 yrs ago and am going back in 2019. In BA they took USA dollars in most places including taxis and restaurants. You need a bunch of small bills in that they don't make change with USA dollars. Credit cards were pretty much accepted. For places that are cash only we found ATMs. At the falls we had a full day tour. I think we paid the guide in dollars and he paid for everything in Argentine money. This was on the Argentine side. Didn't go to the Brazil side. But I may be wrong on that in that was a couple of yrs ago. I could not get Argentine money before we left. No one was selling that money.

Thanks. Do you remember about how much a typical lunch or dinner ran?