Long Beach boarding and Queen Mary

MissesB4409

Hey Everyone. I have been reading a lot of the west coast departures and getting a lot of helpful information. I did read a few years ago that someone commented that if you are sailing on Carnival, that you can tour the Queen Mary for free while you wait to board. Is this in fact true? And does it have to be pre-cruise, or can it be after to disembark? Also, does anybody have any updated information on how FTTF works now with the new rennovations? Our staggered check in time is 12:30-1 but we do have FTTF so we are planning on arriving at the port around 11....Is that too early? Of course we want to get on the ship ASAP, and I have heard of passengers boarding by 11:30, but just wondering how far fetched of an idea is that? Okay..one more question I have regarding boarding the ship and drinks. I have read about carnival ripping open cases of soda to check for tampered cans, or beer,etc...This is what I am planning on doing...There are 4 of us, and we are allowed to bring 12 cans each...so I was going to just put 4 12packs on soda all together in one rolling carry-on. Is that going to be okay, or does each individual person have to carry on their 12 cans? I figured in the suit case, if they rip open the boxes it won't be too big of a hassle, because I can just zip up the suitcase and go on my way, vs trying to hold together 12 cans in a ripped up box. Oh...and getting back to the Queen Mary....I can take it or leave it really...I'm not super pumped to tour it, however there is a sense of nostalgia and coolness to see it and board it. I saw tickets are $25-$30 for basic admission. I am not paying that for my whole family to board...If we cannot get on for free as Carnival cruisers, does anybody know of any coupons or deals. I checked groupon but all I found was discounts on the haunted tours. I'm too scared for that type of adventure! Thanks for any and all suggestions to my novel of questions!

Hey Everyone. I have been reading a lot of the west coast departures and getting a lot of helpful information. I did read a few years ago that someone commented that if you are sailing on Carnival, that you can tour the Queen Mary for free while you wait to board. Is this in fact true? And does it have to be pre-cruise, or can it be after to disembark? Also, does anybody have any updated information on how FTTF works now with the new rennovations? Our staggered check in time is 12:30-1 but we do have FTTF so we are planning on arriving at the port around 11....Is that too early? Of course we want to get on the ship ASAP, and I have heard of passengers boarding by 11:30, but just wondering how far fetched of an idea is that? Okay..one more question I have regarding boarding the ship and drinks. I have read about carnival ripping open cases of soda to check for tampered cans, or beer,etc...This is what I am planning on doing...There are 4 of us, and we are allowed to bring 12 cans each...so I was going to just put 4 12packs on soda all together in one rolling carry-on. Is that going to be okay, or does each individual person have to carry on their 12 cans? I figured in the suit case, if they rip open the boxes it won't be too big of a hassle, because I can just zip up the suitcase and go on my way, vs trying to hold together 12 cans in a ripped up box. Oh...and getting back to the Queen Mary....I can take it or leave it really...I'm not super pumped to tour it, however there is a sense of nostalgia and coolness to see it and board it. I saw tickets are $25-$30 for basic admission. I am not paying that for my whole family to board...If we cannot get on for free as Carnival cruisers, does anybody know of any coupons or deals. I checked groupon but all I found was discounts on the haunted tours. I'm too scared for that type of adventure! Thanks for any and all suggestions to my novel of questions!

A bit of advice

Please use paragraphs. It’s very hard to read. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Go now as it's about to fall apart. Shame the city hasn't been keeping it up. It's a great piece of history. We have spent a couple of nights in the hotel when Disney still owned it. The ghost tour is very cool as is the walking tour.

Really? Just stayed there and its not falling apart by any means in fact they are redoing much of the ship and inside and out. we stay here several times a year and its only gotten nicer each time.

From what I have read, the city is now able to fund repairing the QM b/c of a cruise terminal deal brokered with Carnival and the QM leaseholder.

"Under the lease, the city is also expected to collect $2.1 million of passenger fees every year. The money will go toward repairing the Queen Mary."

Really? Just stayed there and its not falling apart by any means in fact they are redoing much of the ship and inside and out. we stay here several times a year and its only gotten nicer each time.

Several reports that the hull is rusting away. So the stuff you see might look great. But it's the stuff you can't see.

I hope the extra money will help refurbish it.