What hotels in Seattle have shuttle service to Port?

flasaltwater63

I need advice porting out of Seattle we mostly cruise the Careibean since we live in Florida. I'm looking for a hotel that has a shuttle service to the port, Or would it be cheaper to take a cab?*

I'm still trying to find a hotel. I noticed their a little pricy.

any advice will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If you mean a free shuttle, you're SOL. However there are private shuttles that pootle around the downtown/Seattle Center hotels and drop at both piers. Last time we actually took one it was $5pp, so for two of us cheaper than a cab - but depending which hotel and which pier, Uber/Lyft/Eastsideforhire/regular cabs might be better even for a couple and almost certainly will be for 4+.

Yes, Seattle hotels ain't cheap - but there are some relative bargains in Seattle Center, which is closer to Princess/HAL regular pier as well (and there is no closer hotel area to this one - pier 91). Pier 66 downtown has some hotels almost nextdoor (Edgewater & Marriott) - so walking is trivially easy, but they are even less cheap than most!

I found some hotels that are closer to the airport that are reasonibly priced. I'm trying to stay right around 200 a day for a room or below if that's even possible. What is the Light Rail?

SEA airport has a light rail train stop that goes into Seattle. It is definitely the least expensive way to town. One of the stops is Westlake which is 5th and Pine (the light rail goes from the Airport to the University of Washington). It is a great area to stay with lots of places to eat, drink, and shop and it isn't too far from the port.

Clicky to google maps with hotels around that stop

Good information. Thank you. I did look up the light rail. sorry I should have did that to start with. So how does that work with luggage we will have lots of luggage at least 2 large suitcases and 2 backpacks. Will we be able to ride the public transportation with all the luggage.

Good information. Thank you. I did look up the light rail. sorry I should have did that to start with. So how does that work with luggage we will have lots of luggage at least 2 large suitcases and 2 backpacks. Will we be able to ride the public transportation with all the luggage.

You'll be fine on the light rail...It is pretty roomy and won't be crowded when you board and you won't be the only ones with luggage.

The Seattle airport light rail stop is no longer the end (or beginning) of the line. Our experience has been that a since the light rail extended to Angel Lake that the SEATAC stop headed into downtown Seattle can be much more crowded. And just be aware that the light rail apparently was designed primarily for commuters -- there aren't luggage racks in the cars such as you find in Europe. There are now times of the day when boarding at the SEATAC station with "at least 2 large suitcases" could be a problem.

The Seattle airport light rail stop is no longer the end (or beginning) of the line. Our experience has been that a since the light rail extended to Angel Lake that the SEATAC stop headed into downtown Seattle can be much more crowded. And just be aware that the light rail apparently was designed primarily for commuters -- there aren't luggage racks in the cars such as you find in Europe. There are now times of the day when boarding at the SEATAC station with "at least 2 large suitcases" could be a problem.

Other than between 8 and 9 am on a weekday (or on Seahawk or Husky game days) I can't imagine it would be so crowded they couldn't comfortably board. There is only one stop ahead of it. One or both might have to stand with their luggage but they might have had to do that anyway.

I actually just booked a room not long after I posted the above. For anyone else looking I booked the Double tree for 2 nights free shuttle from and to the airport. Also says they have a cruise shuttle for a surcharge which I was going to have to pay anyway. Total price was 353.

I actually just booked a room not long after I posted the above. For anyone else looking I booked the Double tree for 2 nights free shuttle from and to the airport. Also says they have a cruise shuttle for a surcharge which I was going to have to pay anyway. Total price was 353.

You can take the airport shuttle back to the airport to catch the light rail on your day in Seattle... which you will definitely want to do. The area around the airport is pretty crappy (not dangerous just crappy...not somewhere to spend a day).

We stay at the Sleep Inn that is close to the airport in Seattle. It's reasonably priced and very clean, they will take you to the airport for free then you can book a transfer from the airport through your cruise ship. We've done this several times and it's a lot less hassle. Enjoy your cruise.

Of you do choose to look downtown, Hotel 5 has a hotel shuttle that takes guests around the downtown area. So do the Silver Cloud Hotels and Hotel Sorrento. Not sure if they take you to the docks, specifically, but it’s worth checking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check out the Seattle Express Website and see which Airport Hotels they serv. Then from that check which of those hotels provide free transportation to the sky train that you can take downtown.

On Cruise day Seattle Express will come to your hotel and pick you up and deliver you to the pier. When the cruise is over and after you disembark you can take the shuttle back to the airport or airport hotel. The cost is $18.00 one way or $15.00 each way if you book round trip.

I have used them twice once from Sleep Inn and once from Best Western Airport Hotel. The service is great. Both those hotels had free transportation to the sky train. I did not use it, but others staying at the hotel did.

One thing when checking the information out. Seattle Express and shuttle Express are two different companies.

Of you do choose to look downtown, Hotel 5 has a hotel shuttle that takes guests around the downtown area. So do the Silver Cloud Hotels and Hotel Sorrento. Not sure if they take you to the docks, specifically, but it’s worth checking

I'll look at this when we port back into Seattle we want to stay a couple days before we head home.

Check out the Seattle Express Website and see which Airport Hotels they serv. Then from that check which of those hotels provide free transportation to the sky train that you can take downtown.

On Cruise day Seattle Express will come to your hotel and pick you up and deliver you to the pier. When the cruise is over and after you disembark you can take the shuttle back to the airport or airport hotel. The cost is $18.00 one way or $15.00 each way if you book round trip.

I have used them twice once from Sleep Inn and once from Best Western Airport Hotel. The service is great. Both those hotels had free transportation to the sky train. I did not use it, but others staying at the hotel did.

One thing when checking the information out. Seattle Express and shuttle Express are two different companies.

Thanks for the information about Seattle Express, we're staying at the Sleep Inn in October so we'll definitely use them to get to the cruise port.

I've stayed at the Doubletree several times. It's a nice hotel, and the airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes. Seattle Express uses the Doubletree as one of its pickup points. They may be less expensive than the hotel's shuttle, and pick you up at the hotel's back door. Worth checking out.

Roz

There are two doubletrees...which one did you book? :) Thanks

There are two doubletrees...which one did you book? :) Thanks

Well I had the DoubleTree by the airport but I've since changed it to the Sleep Inn at the airport. After reading reading what another poster wrote I decided to look at reviews and they were surprisingly good. The Sleep Inn has a has shuttle service to and from the airport, in addition the shuttle will take you into town where there are resteraunt and also to the light rail. So I booked 1 day before we cruise then 3 days when we get off the boat. What I'm paying for 4 days would only get me 2 days downtown Seattle. They are extremely accommodating at this hotel. I asked what happens when we disembark in the morning but we can't check into our room until 3 the rep told me that they are usually able to get people into their rooms earlier and if not we can drop our luggage with them and go sight see.

Mike booked us at the Mayflower Park Hotel on Olive Way. I have gotten a lot of info from this thread and am thinking of changing it. I would like one with a self service laundry since we will be there for 5 days before a 21 day cruise. Do any of these hotels have that? I also don't like some of my clothes washed in super hot water like they do on the ships/hotels so I would like to do it myself. I don't think he was thinking of such things when he booked. :)

Honestly, the Mayflower is a lovely historic hotel smack-dab in the middle of down town. You can’t beat the location.

However, it’s not the cheapest place in town and I doubt it has self-serve laundry. if you’re gonna be here for 5 days, there are laundromats with in a 10-minute uber ride

Mike booked us at the Mayflower Park Hotel on Olive Way. I have gotten a lot of info from this thread and am thinking of changing it. I would like one with a self service laundry since we will be there for 5 days before a 21 day cruise. Do any of these hotels have that? I also don't like some of my clothes washed in super hot water like they do on the ships/hotels so I would like to do it myself. I don't think he was thinking of such things when he booked. :)

I booked the Sleep Inn its near the airport the reviews on it are good through Trip Advisor and they have self service laundry, they also have a shuttle to and from the airport.

I booked the Sleep Inn its near the airport the reviews on it are good through Trip Advisor and they have self service laundry, they also have a shuttle to and from the airport.

I am local, although about 35 miles north of the airport. I have stayed at the Sleep Inn twice when I have had really early morning flights. The hotel is perfectly fine and there is an IHOP in the same parking lot.

Originally posted by ReneeFLL Mike booked us at the Mayflower Park Hotel on Olive Way. I have gotten a lot of info from this thread and am thinking of changing it. I would like one with a self service laundry since we will be there for 5 days before a 21 day cruise. Do any of these hotels have that? I also don't like some of my clothes washed in super hot water like they do on the ships/hotels so I would like to do it myself. I don't think he was thinking of such things when he booked.

The Mayflower Park is a beautiful 4* hotel in Downtown Seattle within walking distance of lots of restaurants, bakeries, Pike Market, the Space Needle, etc. On the other hand, the Sleep Inn is a 2* hotel out by the airport with not much around it. It might be good for one night prior or after your cruise, but anything longer wouldn't be my first choice.