Madrid Delta/Air Europa enough time?

SCHappilyRetired

Hello all experts! You have been good enough to help me in the past and hope you can with this question as I do not fly internationally often. I am looking at Delta One Z fare JFK/MAD/LIS with delta flight into Madrid and Air Europa Madrid to Lisbon. It states 1 hr 10 min layover in Madrid. I believe I need to go through passport control in Madrid correct? Is the layover time sufficient to do that and catch my next flight? I will have wheelchair assistance. If further info is needed please let me know. Thank you.

When are you traveling? Perhaps it's seasonal but Delta has a direct flight from JFK to LIS.

Even in Delta 1 and with assistance I think your connection time in MAD is a little tight especially changing carriers.

If you are familiar with Delta then you know there could be time or equipment changes to watch out for too.

Thank you. In September/October. Yes, they have a late non stop but the cost is much higher. The Mad to Lis flight I thought was too tight also but wanted someone else's opinion. I will get in touch with Delta to see if they have a later connecting flight available. Thanks for your time.