Navigator Cabin Choices

BosoxI

My wife and I are interested in a trip on the Navigator , a ship we are completely unfamiliar with. I've tried to do some research on some of the cabins still available, but I've had little success. As best I can, I've come up with what I think are the best choices remaining. I certainly would appreciate if you experienced Regent hands could give me opinions on what our best bet would be. I've read conflicting reports on the vibration problem, so addressing that issue in respect to these cabins would be appreciated, too.

617 713 849 941

Our best suite on the Navigator was mid-ship on deck 8. Despite varying reports, there definitely is an aft vibration on the Navigator. Sone people are not bothered by it and some are dramatically disturbed by it. Only you would know your tolerance for noise (vibration is noisy) and shaking. Sometimes the Navigator feels like it has hit a whale. Even though your suite may be mid-ship, you will notice the vibration in La Veranda and sometimes the theater. There are times where the vibration is not noticeable but this is not predictable.

My DH does not typically get seasick but got quite sick forward (suite 1125) on the Navigator. IMO, this suite was too high on the ship. Forward ships tend to feel the movement both forward/aft and side to side - even without vibration.

IMO, the location of the suite is more important than the "level" of the suite - especially since PH suites are the same size as lower suites. And, Navigator Suites are under the pool deck which is extremely noisy* (note: the exception here is Suite 1125 - a very popular suite).

IMO, the Navigator is the least sound-proofed of all the Regent ships so take that into consideration. I would watch for what is above and below the suite that you are looking for and would select one with only suites above and below you (no restaurants, lounges, the gym, etc.)

In 615 now, no vibration problems forward of the front elevators. There is more motion than say the very middle of the ship, but I don't think any of the cabins you list are between the two elevator banks. We have has rough seas part of the way and have been fine.

Many complain about the vibration in the very aft. We are on the world cruise and have noticed there is vibration in La Veranda at certain speeds. This does not bother us. It is really no worst than on some older ships.

We love small ships. You have to know what you like.

There is a new “cabinguru”spreadsheet pinned to the top of the board you can check. Personally I did not like the layout of the Navigator Suite bathroom. Enjoyed both balconies (one aft and one midship)but both were years ago before they redid the furniture.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have stayed in 617 and found it to be good suite in a very convenient location. I didn’t have problems with vibration or with motion despite very rough seas between Charleston and Bermuda. Of suites available to you, IMHO 617 is your best choice.

I have stayed in 617 and found it to be good suite in a very convenient location. I didn’t have problems with vibration or with motion despite very rough seas between Charleston and Bermuda. Of suites available to you, IMHO 617 is your best choice.

Agree 100%; 617 is in a wonderful location; I am surprised it is still available.

Marc

I always try to get on deck 6. It's low in the ship, so you feel less motion, and all cabins are forward, so very little vibration. You are on the same level as coffee (important for addicts like me) and two sources of alcohol (for easy return to the cabin in the evening :) ) We refer to the Navigator Lounge as our living room. And, to be a bit indelicate, there's public toilets just up the hall in case your cabin-mate is using the cabin bathroom and you have immediate need (just don't go there in your jammies). Plus, these cabins are the same size and layout as upper level cabins, but cost less. I did get upgraded to deck 9 once, but found I preferred deck 6 even though I didn't pay the extra for 9.

The downsides? If you have a number of anchorage ports, you will hear the anchor going up and down. It's not an obnoxious sound, but it's there. The good thing about the Navigator is that it can dock in many ports where other ships must anchor, so that factor is minimal. If you have a lot of time on open ocean, you will get more sea spray on the balcony than on higher decks. Finally, in some ports, your view will be of the port terminal, where higher decks may see over the terminal to a nicer view beyond it.

These latter factors don't bother me at all, which is why I always try for deck 6. But I put them out there in case they matter to you.

I second the choice of suite 617 (or any suite in that area and side of the ship). We have been in suites in that immediate area and had zero vibration in our suite (when there was a roaring vibration in the auditorium that drowned everything out). Note that the even number suites in this area are NOT balcony. Worse, there is a crew walkway right outside the window. But the odd number suites like 617 are balcony suites

We like the Navigator and have been at a variety of cabins. Agree with TC that mid ships Deck 8 are usually the preferred ones. Any Cat D from 815 to 853 and the even numbers on the other side.

We've also spent a few in Navigator Suites right under the pool deck. While concerned at first, the "noise" was not really an issue. A few times during the day some chair scraping, but nothing in the morning when the crew was setting up the deck chairs etc. We were pleasantly surprise and would take them again.

But Deck 8 is great...quieter, and location is great. 2 Decks up to the pool deck and La Veranda, 3 down to Compass Rose, one or 2 down for other facilities etc. If you are concerned about movement...stay in the middle. Just stay away from the Honeymooners ....(long story :-) )

We like the Navigator and have been at a variety of cabins. Agree with TC that mid ships Deck 8 are usually the preferred ones. Any Cat D from 815 to 853 and the even numbers on the other side.

We've also spent a few in Navigator Suites right under the pool deck. While concerned at first, the "noise" was not really an issue. A few times during the day some chair scraping, but nothing in the morning when the crew was setting up the deck chairs etc. We were pleasantly surprise and would take them again.

But Deck 8 is great...quieter, and location is great. 2 Decks up to the pool deck and La Veranda, 3 down to Compass Rose, one or 2 down for other facilities etc. If you are concerned about movement...stay in the middle. Just stay away from the Honeymooners ....(long story :-) )

Nice to see that someone agrees with me about deck 8. We actually have not been under the pool deck on Navigator - only on the Voyager and would not do that again. We feel that decks 5 and 6 are too low - almost feels like being in a basement but I understand that these are the least expensive suites and many people are not bothered by this and it is more affordable..

Had to laugh about the "Honeymooners" - using my imagination on that one:halo:

Best suites on Navigator in our opinion are the PH towards the front, we have been in 902 and 1001 ,quiet corridor, no noise above and not the aft vibration. This is worse in the theatre and in some parts of Compass rose.

We are in 902 in June. I was a bit worried about it as it was one of the last remaining and I wondered why.

I have two concerns:

1. I am disable (walk with a walking stick). Is it a long corridor to get back to the stairs? My DW won't use open lifts so it is either the stairs or walking aft to the covered lifts.

2. How is this suite in rough seas?

Thanks to all of you who so kindly responded with such good information. Funny thing happened, DW returned home yesterday and informed me she probably can't get vacation time for this cruise. So, I hope I can find this thread when we need it. Thanks again

We are in 902 in June. I was a bit worried about it as it was one of the last remaining and I wondered why.

I have two concerns:

1. I am disable (walk with a walking stick). Is it a long corridor to get back to the stairs? My DW won't use open lifts so it is either the stairs or walking aft to the covered lifts.

2. How is this suite in rough seas?

The only deck 9 cabin I've stayed in was 911, and I did feel more motion than my accustomed deck 6, but it wasn't horrible. You'll probably feel more in 902, since it's almost all the way forward, but again it shouldn't be horrible.

One of the advantages of Navigator's smaller size is that distances from one spot to another are never long. That being said, it is all going to depend on your individual capacity.

How about 527, our suite for our next scheduled Navigator cruise (8/2019, a TA from Amsterdam to NYC via Iceland & Greenland)?

Been in 527 twice; absolutely wonderful cabin. A great thing about booking 527 is that it is a three person cabin; if you book it you preclude a kid from being there.

Marc

Been in 527 twice; absolutely wonderful cabin. A great thing about booking 527 is that it is a three person cabin; if you book it you preclude a kid from being there.

Marc

Thanks, Marc. Despite the dates (3 weeks ending on Labor Day weekend, which is before school starts in our area), I doubt there will be a lot of kids. It's good to know that this is a wonderful cabin. Joe

Thanks to all of you who so kindly responded with such good information. Funny thing happened, DW returned home yesterday and informed me she probably can't get vacation time for this cruise. So, I hope I can find this thread when we need it. Thanks again

Fortunately, DW feels she can find time for a slightly shorter cruise on the Explorer, so this afternoon we signed up for that cruise. Thanks again to all of you