Thought cruising was boring

Gingee

We purposely chose a longer cruise with more sea days! lol We found a group of people our age to hang out with, we chose not to take any of the ship's wi-fi packages in order to completely shut down, and while we enjoyed the tours, we found the sea days to be almost "forced down time" if you will! lol We are so busy in our every day lives, and even when we're home, there are chores to be done and projects that need doing, that sleeping in, eating at whatever time we chose, and not doing anything was as relaxing as it got. To each his/her own though!

We are all different.

I think that golf is one of the dumbest things every invented. :D But many people like to golf.

I like cruising, but port days are only OK. Not enough time to really see a place. For that I would rather go and spend a week and see the place.

I travel internationally for work and for fun. I travel domestically mainly for fun. I take cruises. I take land vacations. I travel to beach areas. I travel to big cities.

Do what makes YOU happy.

And yes, I find that people who are easily bored, tend to be boring. :D

OMG, this is me, I would rather watch paint dry than golf! lol

I do think that you are in charge of your own happiness. And happiness is a choice.

There are plenty of things to do on a cruise ship, and if you can't find "anything" you enjoy, some of that responsibility is on you. Cruises are not for everybody, but if you can find things to do sitting in your own living room, you can find things to do on a ship. Choose to find things on a ship that make you happy.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I have been on two cruises...the first one we enjoyed...the second one no.

The reason being two many days at sea...Singapore to Perth.

Now, some love bingo...we don't.

We do not play pokies...so that is out.

We do read but not all day and every day.

We went to a couple of talks...yes, interesting, but only went for half an hour.

Not into serviette folding...went on first cruise...not interested on second one.

Quizzes...not smart enough...so that was a waste of time :)

Look we are all different..maybe if we go on another cruise we will enjoy it....we made an error in going on a cruise with so many days at sea straight.

May try another one but I honestly think 10 days is enough for us.

Many just go for the food (you know what I mean, wink wink) and a few wines at dinner is our limit.

I can see the appeal for a lot of people...relaxing, no meals to cook but I think we are one of the couples who probably are better of flying somewhere and doing our own thing.

So those who enjoy it go for it and those who feel it is not for them..well dont be afraid to voice your opinion. We are not all the same and thank goodness we are not !!