Wow! 8 days to go and every category is available.

seaver

The 2019 Asia and Caribbean sailings all include free flights now or discounted business class. Never seen that this far out either. (And have taken advantage off.)

My Asia sailing in 5 weeks still has all categories left as well and they’ve also added $1000 OBC on top of the free suite upgrade added in December.

The really popular sailings are still selling well but can’t help think sales are not as buoyant as SS might have hoped for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asian sailing in 5 weeks? Is it Hong Kong to Singapore? I’ll be on that one, April 2, and on the following segment, Singapore back to Hong Kong. Hope that I, and my daughters, get to meet you as I have been really enjoying your enthusiasm.

I so wished it was. I think the itinerary of the 2 April cruise is absolutely fantastic. I’m annoyed with myself that I let that one slip by. As you’re probably aware, this coming cruise was in place of the Spirirt Booking that was cancelled for its expansion. I’m fairly certain when we booked the prise was the same (so could have booked), though has shot up since. Unsurprisingly that it’s so popular.

But alas it’s the previous one on the 25 March - partly picked because it’s my wife’s birthday. Actually another reason I wished I’d gone for your one is because after booking, I’ve found myself massively looking forward to the Vietnam stops, that I’d love to visit overland and get to stay longer. Especially in Halong Bay which looks breathtaking. We are there overnight, but I’d love to stay several nights on board one of the small Junk boats and sail around more than we’ll get to see. It really is an iconic place. It played a big part in my choice. Alas it’s fairly easy to get to and thus could have been done as part of a bigger adventure, whereas you’re 2 April sailing is quite unique. You’ve made an extremely wise choice IMHO.

5 weeks today we sail.....

The 2019 Asia and Caribbean sailings all include free flights now or discounted business class. Never seen that this far out either. (And have taken advantage off.)

My Asia sailing in 5 weeks still has all categories left as well and they’ve also added $1000 OBC on top of the free suite upgrade added in December.

The really popular sailings are still selling well but can’t help think sales are not as buoyant as SS might have hoped for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder also how buoyant SS sales are at the moment. In one of our national newspapers this weekend 'The Australian' there was a glossy SS advertising brochure inserted. This would have cost them a bomb. This publication has national distribution. We are always interested in, and quickly notice, anything about cruising and have never seen this type of advertising by SS in our newspapers (usually inserts are the domain of the very large mainstream lines like P&O and then just a paper flyer not a glossy). SS do place adverts from time in the travel section etc. but not an entire glossy brochure inserted. Both myself and partner commented how unusual when we discovered the brochure.

I wish I didn’t feel so compelled to comment. I, too, wonder what SS is up to. A few days ago, I received the slickest double book/brochure/promotion EVER from Silversea. It is beautiful, with gorgeous photography... and breathtaking prices. On the one hand, I get this, and on the other hand, I constantly read, on this platform, all the “ suggestions” that the older, TREASURED, ships need refurbishment. Where are the priorities? Those of us who love the Whisper, Shadow and Wind, better vote by booking..while we still can do so.

If it weren’t for my business background, I wouldn’t begin to understand what is going on. I completely get it, but it doesn’t mean that I have to like it. I am the past, loyal to a fault. My 40 year old plus “ children” and their teenage children LOVE SS and presumably are the SS future. But ...If they weren’t my guests, I doubt if they would continue cruising..maybe expedition cruising and they would search out the best value for $. Would this be SS? Maybe.

I wonder where SS is getting their research leading the company to such dramatic shifts. I think The Muse isn’t an unqualified success. I sailed on her and everyone I met had some reservations...I didn’t feel true love from anyone. There was tolerance, and hope, for quite a few adjustments, but no one with whom I sailed, from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale, was ecstatic.

I am about to sail on a B2B on the Shadow. Think I better hush until I can calm down and report “live” from the Shadow in earliest April.